Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bossa DC42 Firmware Duet no longer recognised

Posted by D9ve 
Bossa DC42 Firmware Duet no longer recognised
November 12, 2015 12:48PM
Hi,

I a little confused, recently purchased Duet and Duex, plugged it in and checked device manager: COM 4 Due something, disconnect the Duet took out the SD card, modified it and checked it again and it worked, well, all apart from the extruders (with cold extrude enabled "m302 p1"). So, I repeated, I turned off the device, disconnected the USB, removed the SD, made an edit to the conifg.g file 'I forgot to modify the M9 Exxx:xxx:xxx:xxx:xxx command', replaced the SD card, connected the USB and now I cant find my device! Well the little USB light is on and in device manager it states Bossa something now on COM 5!

Can anyone guess what happened and how I get the board to recognise as the Duet again?

I have just noticed 2 little buttons next to the USB port, I don't think I pressed them, but they are in a precarious location!

I was only trying to get the extruder to turn when cold and edit the config file.

Regards

Dave
Re: Bossa DC42 Firmware Duet no longer recognised
November 12, 2015 12:53PM
Attached is my experimental config file, if it helps. Although, it recognised before I change the m92 command from m92633:633.... to m92107:633.... I don't see it being the problem!

Thanks

Dave
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (6.6 KB)
November 12, 2015 04:47PM
Sounds like you pressed the Erase button, which erases the firmware and makes the Bossa port appear. You need to upload firmware to the board. See the firmware update instructions at [miscsolutions.wordpress.com]. The latest version of my fork is 1.09k-dc42.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2015 04:47PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 13, 2015 05:05AM
Thank you for the link,

I will follow and report back.

Is there an easy way to disable the Erase button?

Thank you.

Dave
November 13, 2015 07:48AM
There is no easy way to disable the Erase button. When you have your Duet in an enclosure, it should not be a problem.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 13, 2015 09:49AM
Indeed I must have pressed the erase button!

I can tell you I had troubles uploading the new firmware from the cmd terminal using Bossac.exe

The quick and easy solution I found was to copy both the firmware and the executable into the same folder on the c drive, open cmd.exe with admin privileges, then go to that directory in the terminal and run the command:

bossac.exe -e -w -v -b -R nameOfFirmware.bin

this way the location of the bin file is not necessary!

I had arduino 1.6.5 installed so the bossac.exe was included in the app data in the user directories after downloading the support for the duet (due)

Thanks

David
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login