Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

plan_buffer_line or plan_set_position

Posted by DaveOB 
plan_buffer_line or plan_set_position
July 27, 2015 07:12AM
This is a question that has me confused while working on another larger code change that I am wanting to do.

Can anyone please explain the difference between plan_buffer_line and plan_set_position ?

Is the plan_buffer_line a movement that is added in to the buffer ( behind anything else already in the buffer ) and is plan_set_position an 'immediate action' move ?

I have tried using plan_set_position, but even if I set the XYZ as a lower value than the current ( paused ) XYZ, it still increases.

So if X = 118mm, and I use plan_set_position to change X to 50, the X axis increases ( opposite to what I would expect ).

Basically, I am wanting to move the XYZ axis while the printing is paused, and move them back again when a button is again pressed.
Re: plan_buffer_line or plan_set_position
July 28, 2015 07:36AM
This question can please be ignored as I have solved the problem associated with this.
February 01, 2016 03:38PM
Tell my please where in the code are the bodyes of the functions plan_buffer_line and plan_set_position? what h. and .cpp files? i very need it
February 01, 2016 03:55PM
You will have to tell us which firmware you are referring to first.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 02, 2016 06:45AM
He is referring Marlin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login