Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Plastobot

Posted by timbernasley 
Plastobot
September 07, 2012 03:49PM
Hi i started the Plastobot, a project to have most of the printers parts printed. while this ofcourse is the idea behind all of the repraps i personally think there are too many non-printed parts in most of the printers. especially smooth and threaded rods are a huge part that must be minimized. I already have a wiki page up Plastobot wiki. i am gratefull for every hint on similar projekts (some i know of already thanks to wiki user Spiritdude or just ideas to improve this printer and make it as plasticky tongue sticking out smiley as it gets. also have a look at the Plastobot talk page and/or leave your comment there. if you want to be part of the development team (only me right nowwinking smiley) tell me, i can use a lot of help especially since i don't have a printer myselfangry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2012 03:50PM by timbernasley.
Re: Plastobot
September 08, 2012 01:56AM
i browsed through your wiki, just suggest you read about creep failure. could happen if you use plastic to support a load for a long time. not to discourage your project. good luck good sir
September 08, 2012 01:02PM
Tantillus has a fully printable frame.

You could also just ditch the idea of linear actuators bolted to a frame. With a SCARA arm you wouldn't need a frame at all, just an arm moving above a stationary bed. Here's a printed implementation. You can see how few parts that design has compared to other printers.
September 11, 2012 07:11PM
For structural parts, check out interlocking trusses like these ones
[www.thingiverse.com]
[technocraticanarchist.blogspot.com]

There are also a whole bunch of similar things here
[www.thingiverse.com]

My own personal favorite of course is this one
[www.thingiverse.com]

There are some pretty cool printable motion mechanisms like these
Printable Sarrus Z linkage: [www.reprap.org]
Printable Sarrus X/Y: [www.thingiverse.com]
Printable X/Y Linear rail: [www.thingiverse.com]
3 starts lead screw: [www.thingiverse.com]
Rack and Pinion for Prusa: [www.thingiverse.com]

and there are compliant flexure things like this one
[www.reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login