Advanced

I am Trying To Build Mendel

Posted by wgn_white 
I am Trying To Build Mendel
December 12, 2010 11:34AM
Hello.

I am from Miri Sarawak.

I'm trying to build RepRap II Mendel.

Right now I am still reading and gathering information about the electronics I need.

I found out this forum section after being pointed out by Sebastien from my thread, Building Mendel - Circuit Board Construction.

I am glad there are Malaysian already into this, so I can seek guidance from you guys.

So, tell me guys.

My plan is to produce the orignal Mendel by buying the materials parts by parts since I believe it is already engineered and optimized to its best.

I am very glad if someone could enlighten me in this "journey". smileys with beer
Re: I am Trying To Build Mendel
December 12, 2010 11:43AM
Hmmm ... http://reprap.org/wiki/What_Tooling_Do_You_Have? smiling bouncing smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
December 12, 2010 11:57AM
SebastienBailard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmmm ...
> [reprap.org]?
> smiling bouncing smiley

Thanks for the link.
It seems that I'll stick to the original Mendel.
December 29, 2010 03:29AM
Let us know how you do and if you have a build blog, please link to it.

I have put my project on back burners but gotten a few very nice parts for
the metal repstrap, ie the machine suppose to boot strap to a reprap Mendel
or other designs.

Mendel design still can be optimized further. While the X axis is more rigid, the Y axis
design seems less rigid and can do with more cross bracing. Weight of carriage and
extruder assembly and speed of operation may determine how much the "wobble"
on the Y axis. Based on videos I have seen of Mendels in operation, it doesn't seem
to be a problem.
May 09, 2011 05:17AM
Hi,

I am Lucus from Singapore, I actually have a single PCB controller board for the Reprap machine.
Anyone interested may want to contact me at 65-84981876 or drop me a mail at lucuslim.sw@gmail.com .

Cheers to all Reprappers.
Lucus
October 15, 2011 04:19PM
Hi wgn_white

Tell me how it went?

I'm also starting to build RepRap but the Prusa. I'm from Thailand and want to share my experience in building one.

Please let me know if you can print some parts and send me to thailand. I'll need Mendel Prusa and Wade's Extruder Plastic Parts.

Regards,

Rawgeek
March 05, 2012 10:46AM
hi ,
its good to hear we have this group in Malaysia...Im very interested in building the machine..still reading and trying to understand he whole process...I am planning to buy the Prusa Mendel (completed or kit) once i got enough saved and learn from thereon..smiling smiley....Is any on sale in Malaysia yet?
hope to hear more from this group..

Kamarul
March 09, 2012 10:03AM
hi guys, we have a reprap store in SG. if you guys need parts or kits.. romscraj.com
KFB
March 16, 2012 09:48AM
Hi Kamarul,

I have a working Prusa Mendel here near Penang. Can pm me if you need help with parts. It's not so difficult building one here in Malaysia. I'll post some pics soon...
KFB
March 17, 2012 10:55AM
Attaching pic as promised... Using RAMPS 1.4 and J Head Hot-End.
Attachments:
open | download - PrusaMendel.jpg (110.2 KB)
March 25, 2012 09:25AM
hi kfb,
cheers...how much does it cost u to built a working set? ill be intouch soon...

kamarul
March 27, 2012 06:58AM
we have a kit for 580 usd
[romscraj.com]

includes 800g 3mm filament in which you can choose the color.
printed parts also you can choose the color.

includes tools like hex wrenches, kapton tape, etc.

the gen6.d electronics board has sd card, heated bed and fan channels. as well as ftdibasic as a bit-banging programmer functionality .
endstops included.

we also have a detailed assembly instruction manual. please take a look!
[github.com]

and most importantly, we are nearby!
KFB
April 01, 2012 10:56AM
Hi Kamarul,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. To be honest with you, I was trying to figure out the costs myself smiling smiley...

I probably spent a lot more due to trial and error and having to buy in small quantities from different suppliers. I have calculated the cost excluding electronics (Arduino Mega, Ramps 1.4, Pololu Stepper drivers, PCB heated bed) and hot-end to come out around RM780.

I estimate that if you bought the electronics (say from Ultimachine or ebay) and hot-end yourself, it would cost you probably another RM750.

I can sell the ABS printed parts including Greg's hinged extruder for around RM270, if you're interested.

Cheers,
KFB
April 09, 2012 11:53AM
hi kfb,
the cost is not so bad, below 2k is a good investment...Im interested to buy a complete kit or fully assembled. How much will u charge.smileys with beer...

kamarul
KFB
April 11, 2012 10:18AM
Hi Kamarul,

I am glad to hear someone agrees with me that it is a good investment. Apart from giving the ability to make and possibly sell stuff, it's an invaluable tool to learn how to design stuff. Not forgetting, great fun too!

I will send you a PM for further details.

KFB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2012 10:05AM by KFB.
April 19, 2012 09:57PM
Hi guys, does anyone here print parts? I look forward to build a mendel max, and i need the printed parts.
KFB
April 21, 2012 11:25AM
Sure Norzam, I can print the parts. I'll send you a PM.
April 21, 2012 11:34PM
KFB, already PM back at you. Many thanks.. ;-)
April 23, 2012 07:22AM
Can you also send me further details please :-)

/Frankie
May 03, 2012 06:57AM
i got my parts for MendelMax already.. thanks to KFB for printing it out for me. Nice prints. Happy customer smileys with beer

KFB
May 03, 2012 11:48AM
Hi Norzam, thanks for putting up the pics. I'm a happy seller as well winking smiley
KFB
June 08, 2012 11:10AM
Photo of recently completed Mendelmax print. It was quite a marathon. Total print time: ~50 hours and a bit more if failed prints included...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2012 11:17AM by KFB.
Attachments:
open | download - Mendelmax3.JPG (71.6 KB)
September 11, 2012 09:29AM
Hie, I'm new to reprap and thinking to build a prusa mendel or mendelmax. Can I know the different between the two? Where can I get the complete set (either one) in Malaysia specifically around KL or Shah Alam? Anyone selling a complete set?

I also like to know people that involve in this project from Malaysia. PM or email me at nurfazley@yahoo.com.

Tq.
September 14, 2012 11:05AM
MendelMax 1.5 complete kit shipped from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia right here at http://blomker.com/product.php?id_product=24

Priced at RM1,999 - it is the most affordable MendelMax kit out there.

Cheers
October 05, 2012 04:11AM
Bro,

Saya ada extra MMax 1.5 plastic set (Puchong). Kalau nak boleh PM. Prusa Mendel dan MendelMax adik beradik, beza pada frame. Satu guna aluminium satu lagi rod. Pada pandangan saya frame MMax lagi kukuh.

Selamat membina.
October 10, 2012 03:06AM
Saya berminat bro... Macam mana nak contact? Saya sudah PM & boleh contact saya di nurfazley@yahoo.com.

norzam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bro,
>
> Saya ada extra MMax 1.5 plastic set (Puchong).
> Kalau nak boleh PM. Prusa Mendel dan MendelMax
> adik beradik, beza pada frame. Satu guna
> aluminium satu lagi rod. Pada pandangan saya frame
> MMax lagi kukuh.
>
> Selamat membina.
October 10, 2012 08:47PM
Bro Zcool,

Dah PM info.
October 17, 2012 12:47AM
bro norzam,
saya ada PM pasal mmax 1.5 set tu
October 17, 2012 01:16AM
Bro Saifuller,

Dah reply..
January 16, 2013 09:34AM
Dear All, announcing our new webstore: MyRepRap.

We endeavour to be your one-stop-shop for all your Reprap needs.

We have extensive experience building and operating Reprap machines and have identified the best combination of parts required for reliable Reprap operation.

We have also spent significant time and effort sourcing quality items so that it is easily accessible to you at affordable prices.

Please feel free to have a look at what we have to offer. We thank you for your attention!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login