Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First Singapore reprap Group Meetup

Posted by Soon Wei 
First Singapore reprap Group Meetup
May 29, 2011 09:07AM
Hi ALL,

I am trying to organize a/the First Reprap Group Meetup in Singapore , Anyone who is interested please contact me.
hp. 8.4.9.8.1.8.7.6

Cheers,
Lucus
Re: First Singapore reprap Group Meetup
June 01, 2011 02:41AM
Hi Soon Wei,

Did you manage to meet up with anyone into reprap here? Which setup you are having now? I am thinking of setting up a mandrel but do not know which electronic to use. What is you thought and advise? Thanks.

Cheers,
Mike
June 01, 2011 09:51AM
If you have no parts on hand (i.e. no existing electronics to salvage) why not try using their Gen 7?

It appears to be a consolidated board instead of multiple board, which makes things neater.
June 01, 2011 08:18PM
Hi hogekim and geezee,

I have actually prepared a single board controller to support Local Reprap group. smiling smiley . If you are interested you may contact me at 8498.1876. The ideal of making a single board was like what geezee says, NEATER.
Which setup I have?
- Mendel II - Alunimium version,
- Huxley - ABS printed ver from the My Mendel II
- Alunimium Frame Ver - WIP(Work in Progress)

The problem of choosing which electronics is not so important with the model. BUT, very important to the program on the PC to control the electronics.

Have fun in SG RepRap.
June 01, 2011 08:32PM
Ok, The plan for the Meetup in town, City Hall MRT station control on 6 Jun 730pm. Please text me if you are interested to join. (My contact is as above)
June 02, 2011 01:33AM
Hi SRUG,

Maybe will give this meetup a miss. Do keep me posted for upcoming one.

I am planning to bring in some filament material from this China company. Anyone interested to help spread the shipping cost? Please e-mail me. I have not buy anything from them before. Feel free if you have any input. Thanks.

Regards,
Mike
June 05, 2011 09:20AM
So far this is the count of people to look forward to in the first Meetup;
- Lucus (Soon Wei, me)
- Francis
- Terrence
- Johnson
- Steve
- Tian Chen
June 06, 2011 08:55PM
Dear All,

Many thanks to those who turn up yesterday.
Tian Chen, Francis, Zhang CB, Johnson
- Thanks to Tian Chen who came straight from the Harbour after his 1 week missionary trip in Batam.
- Hope to meet Zhang again before you leave for your long oversea trip.

The meetup was good and we have a good talk of technical stuff and some wine making smiling smiley over the session.
With that I was think of having our next meetup next month, we can discuss to get a better arrangement/time this time round.
(Hope that more guy can make it this time.)

Best Regards,
Soon Wei
July 15, 2011 02:32AM
Hi All,

Please let me know when you'll be having your meetup next time..
I'm very interested to join...smiling smiley

Thanks,
Richard
July 15, 2011 10:09PM
hi to All,
I m calling a meetup end of July.
I was wondering if you guy pefer 31 jul (sun) evening or 1 aug (mon) evening.
let's have a poll so that more ppl can join the meetup.
Cheers,
Soon Wei
September 14, 2011 10:53AM
Hi All,

I'm about to get building a reprap, and am interested in joining the meet up group to exchange experiences and maybe get some hints. I've had my eye on the reprap project since darwin and finally I have some time to start building one.

I have some quick questions, that maybe someone can help me with?

Does anyone know a source for PEEK, PTFE, heat insulation tape or ceramics paste/cement in Singapore?

Looking for metal suppliers, I've come across these locations:
- Kelantan Road \ Kelantan Lane
- Ubi Industrial Estate
But I have yet to try to visit. Which of the two should i try first? Or are there better places to look for, for example steel or copper bolt and nuts, sheets? Any experiences? A particular shop that is worth going to?

Btw, how big is the known Singaporean reprap scene?

Best regards,
Wauter
September 14, 2011 10:30PM
Hi Wauter,

Welcome to the world of reprap. At what state are you into it now? Gotten your electronic? Which version?

For plastic sheet, Dama Enterprise Pte Ltd located at Ubi is a good place to start with, also there are few harward shop around that area which you can pick up the required fastener. I am going to order some timing belt for my Mendel build. If you are interested, I can slot in you order to spread the shipping cost.

For mechanical part, I know some workshop that I work with regularly for my job. Let me know how I can help.

Cheers,
Mike
September 15, 2011 05:20AM
Hi all,

glad to know that there's aSingapore reprap group.
I'm planning to get a reprap 3D printer, I'm a designer have zero engineering background at all, so shame that I have no idea what were most of the item and parts that you guys mentioned above.
what will be the advise if I want to build a RepRap Mondo 3D Printer with neater (not so stringy printout) and lower cost.
can anyone teach me how to assemble when I bought it?
September 15, 2011 10:07AM
Hi Mike,

Right now, im just plowing through the wiki and as much documentation as possible, to get an idea of where i want to start.
I will probably go for a complete unsoldered Ramps DIY kit from ultimachine, and i saw a nice set of plastic parts for the prusa and wade's extruder, including bearings, linear bearings and timings belt on ebay, which should make assembly really straight forward. where are you ordering your belt?

For the hotend im not sure yet what to do. For starters, should i start with 1.75 or 3 mm material? Would 1.75 make a significant difference in accuracy over 3 mm? What kind of hot end are you using?

Is yours operational yet? How is it going?

Thanks!

@Chwl,
Im affraid you will have to duck in and read up on..
However, here are some links that might be useful to you and should get you started:

http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?4,97233

This guy has a really nice IKEA like graphic manual for assembling a mendel prusa: http://garyhodgson.com

This is a first attempt at a 'noob' page by Traumflug (be it a bit resentful though smiling smiley
[reprap.org]

Mendel buyer guide
http://reprap.org/wiki/Mendel_Buyers_Guide

Good luck!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login