Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap firmware for articulated robot arm?

Posted by alegiaco 
Reprap firmware for articulated robot arm?
September 21, 2015 03:50PM
Today we have Arduino due + RADDS (or RAMPS-FD or alligator or.....). So we don't have problems with the elaboration power.
Can we start to think an articulated robot arm (5dof or 6dof) working with a reprap firmware and reprap electronics?
We have the electronics, not yet the firmware.
Which is the best firmware to implement a complex inverse kinematics?
Re: Reprap firmware for articulated robot arm?
September 25, 2015 10:37AM
Hi,

It look's like I need more answers then you... But I'll follow your post with a huge interrest ;o)

I even dont know the process from stl file to 3D printer arm sad smiley

Do I have to make the gcode as usual and then convert it to another format ?
If so what format ? And what software sould I use in place of repetier host ?

Is mach3 is an option ? what king of arm it may control ? 5Dof ? 6 Dof ?

And what about the controller card ? Is it still an arduino based ? with a special firmware ?

Thank's to take time to explain me a bit more ins this amazing new world (for me)

Bye.

Ps: If I can have a complete working & reliable processus, I'm looking to construct a robot arm like "dobot" or "zortrax arm" but bigger.
September 29, 2015 07:41AM
The GCode can be used. With a gcode sender, like Repetier-Host. Or another one.
Mach3 could be an option. There are some robot arms with 6dof and Mach3. Search on google.
The controller card is not a problem, I think. There are many boards 32 bit what can control 6 stepper motor (i.e. Alligator, Duet etc).
The problem is moving the motors and implementing the inverse kinematics in real-time. I'm searching for someone more expert than me.
October 11, 2015 08:01PM
I think machinekit (emc) have implemented handle general serial link kinematics. Replicape kickstarter is up right now which can run machinekit.

[github.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login