Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hydraulic arm

hydraulic arm
August 23, 2014 02:28AM
Would a hydraulic arm work well for a 3d printer? Could you get the right speed and accuracy? Was thinking single arm moved with syringes. What would be better, cheaper, easier, Using steeper motors to drive water pumps or actuators and a second syringe for movement? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Re: hydraulic arm
August 23, 2014 03:04AM
Build one and you'll find out!

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Re: hydraulic arm
August 26, 2014 07:02PM
3dprinterdissertation
Would a hydraulic arm work well for a 3d printer? Could you get the right speed and accuracy? Was thinking single arm moved with syringes. What would be better, cheaper, easier, Using steeper motors to drive water pumps or actuators and a second syringe for movement? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

It could certainly be done. You can design it for any speed and accuracy that you want.

I would worry about it becoming a maintenance nightmare. You will constantly be losing fluid. I agree with Traumflug. You should make a demo unit and see if you can get the performance you need.

I don't think using a water pump would be accurate enough without more feedback. I would stick with a master/slave cylinder setup unless you move to a closed loop system which won't be as cheap.

ConceptFORGE
Wally, GUS Simpson, LISA Simpson, THOR Simpson, Sextupteron, CoreXZ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login