Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sony VPL ES3 Projector mod and bulb choice?

Posted by Tinkerhabits 
Sony VPL ES3 Projector mod and bulb choice?
June 01, 2015 06:26PM
Hey everyone I just ordered a Sony VPL ES3 projector to mod for my dlp projector setup . I need some help figuring out how to mod it , and chosing a bulb for it within the curing range . Id like to try a unsheilded hid if its not out of the question thanks

Jake
Re: Sony VPL ES3 Projector mod and bulb choice?
December 30, 2016 11:21PM
If you can't find any info on Google for the ballast bypass and any other sensor bypass, the only option as I did is to follow the wires and traces, read voltages and figure out by yourself how to mod it (Mitsubishi xd250u).

For light source I'm going for a 405nm led, I purchased few different wattage for testing from 9w, 20w and crazy 100w, but as long as your light source have good amount of uv light and is powerful enough any bulb will do.

Note: you might need or not to remove color wheel and any filters in the lenses that will reduce uv pass, if you go with uv led, be sure to activate it via controller and not always on and if possible high speed pulsing to reduce dlp chip damage.
Re: Sony VPL ES3 Projector mod and bulb choice?
January 03, 2018 07:45AM
Hello Tinkerhabits,

Were you able to make the modification on the sony ES3 projector for photopolymerization?

Would you have any video or procedure of what was done and what filter was removed on this projector? I have the same projector and I want to make a photopolymerization printer with it.

Thanks for your help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login