Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Somos resin - I need a few kg for testing

Posted by garyswindell 
Somos resin - I need a few kg for testing
February 20, 2013 08:49AM
Looking for a couple of kg (2) of Somos resin for testing. I am not too picky about which resin although I need a 355nm product and I am happy to pay for it.

All the distributors I have called seem to indicate a 10kg minimum order and that is a bit out of the budget for this test winking smiley
Re: Somos resin - I need a few kg for testing
February 28, 2013 08:22PM
As an alternative to the Somos you can use any of the UV through visible spectrum cured photopolymers by [bucktownpolymers.com]

They will cure quite rapidly at 355nm and have a few options for small quantities of different formulas with Paypal links for ordering. They also have hundreds of other formulas available.
March 05, 2013 08:38AM
My main concern is shrinkage. I am afraid most all of the low cost resins are going to have shrinkage rates which will make anything but small (jewelry size) parts a mess of distortion.

Good low shrinkage epoxy resins for stereolithography were introduced more than 20 years ago. Surely somebody can reproduce that for a reasonable price...no?

Time is money - I would prefer to spend the money (and save time) on predictable materials. Now I just hope for affordable and predictable materials...
March 14, 2013 11:17PM
Photopolymers may be made to shrink, not shrink or even expand when cured. I'm not sure why you're having problems finding them. What did they say when you contacted them about photopolymers with low/no shrink?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login