Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Generation 7 Electronics Development

Posted by Traumflug 
Re: Generation 7 Electronics Development
December 13, 2015 09:21AM
It's off topic, but you should have a look at the .gsch2pcb file and also use xgsch2pcb.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

December 14, 2015 09:12PM
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Both recommended apps don't help at footprint creation.
Anyway - I read a lot about footprint creation and I think, I'm done with geda. If I got it right, it does not support pads on different layers for a single footprint, so no support for cardslots and the like ...
so eagle remains unbeaten winking smiley
December 25, 2015 02:27PM
DeuxVis
The Gen7 I built works like a charm with Teacup, but I have some freezes during prints : printer stop moving, and doesn't reply to host software (printerface) until I reset it.

I suspect some electrical interference, but how to find if they happen on the usb cable or comes from the PSU ?

I just recently got my Prusa Mendel printer up and running, so I haven't gotten much beyond initial calibration. I have been experiencing freezes mid print using Teacup on a Gen 7 board similar to the conditions you mention. I have to reset on the board as well as the software becomes unresponsive.

"Simple" models like a 20x20mm test block will print, but anything with geometric complexity freezes mid print. Freezing seems to happen after sustained short, fast print moves. I've increased the move buffer with no success.

Do you know of a solution to this?

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2015 02:29PM by aaron.r.
December 26, 2015 02:57AM
If you have a repeatable test case (it stops always at the same position), it's most likely a firmware issue. The Teacup folks would love to see such a testcase, something reproducible is neccessary to allow fixing it.

February 04, 2016 11:30AM
Nice!

I just received this from a Gen7 user:

First of all I want to congratulate you for the Gen7 Board-AVR 1.5. I have been using it since 2013 to now in my Prusa IT3 and I´m very happy with it, it´s 1000 times better than the fake chinese ramps I am using at my delta.

February 04, 2016 02:20PM
Did something special happen today? Another PM, after months of silence:

My Gen7 buyed (The PCcool smiley from you is still rocking hard with my PrintrBot v1!!

Thank you very much.

February 27, 2016 10:05PM
hello
this is converted gene7 1.5 pcb file to eagle pcb and altium 14
thank you
Attachments:
open | download - Gen7Board-AVR 1.5.PcbDoc (450.8 KB)
open | download - Gen7Board-AVR 1.5.pcb.brd (452.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login