Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

generation 7 1.31 waiting for target temperature stuck teacup main branch (cause of e-motor bug

Posted by terramir 
okies can get hotend to 250/260 C then it actually extrudes without a problem but the temp jumps up and down the bed well more problems says it only heats to 60 think my thermistor table is off (honeywell thermistor) table generated with the prusa calculator and all values multiplied by 4 which seems sensible since that's what's in the original file. the temp jumps up and dows erratically (well I'd say so but it's with-in 10 degrees so I'm thinking I just have to adjust the tolerance somehow but I dunno how sad smiley
it's stuck on waiting for target temperature because it's so erratic (especially for the hotend) I generated 102 values (well 103 cut off the last one who needs freezing temps)
so it should be accurate and pasted it in both sections of the Thermistor_table.gen7.h and then renamed that one to thermistor_table.h
some says I need to fix the pid but I dunno how and since that bug with the e is there I cannot got from the main branch right now.
anyone else knows about stuck waiting for temp? I could swaer I read something about this somewhere in regards to gen7 but for the life of me I dunno

terramir
IIRC waiting for temp and set temp never worked for me. I edit all my g-code and these two entries out. However, you will need to set the temps manually and make sure they are where they need to be before printing.
I set the temperature residency time to 0 in firmware, but even with perfect temp readings - it *still* pauses briefly at the beginning of each print start/layer because of the M101. If you want to use Teacup, I would suggest adding a replace to your gcode to remove all M101's and M103's. It plain doesn't work right.

Or - you could switch to Marlin.

Either way, it sounds like you need to fix your thermistor lookup table - it doesn't sound like it's set up correctly. Do you have the part number for the honeywell thermistor you're using? Have you read the actual reference resistor values on your board with a multimeter?

Attached is an excel sheet I used to generate the thermistor lookup code. All you have to enter is the actual reference resistor value (Rr = ), the B value of the Thermistor which is in the spec sheet ( B ), and the base R value of the thermistor (R0 = 100000?). Use Sheet1. Sheet3 is for Marlin. Sheet2 has some useful stuff for evaluating the sensitivity of your thermistor at varying temperatures depending on the reference resistor you're using - I ended up using a 1500ohm resistor for my hot end to give me much better resolution at higher temperatures - anything lower dissipates significant power in the thermistor itself - higher results in less resolution at higher temps. The default 4700ohm resistor works well for typical bed temperatures.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 02:11PM by JazzyMT.
Attachments:
open | download - Thermistor Calc Table.xlsx (50.6 KB)
My extruder uses the honeywell as well (Buddashnozzle thumbs up). I found the one on the wiki to be way off. Here is what I use, the top one is for the Honeywell.
Attachments:
open | download - ThermistorTable.h (3 KB)
foshon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IIRC waiting for temp and set temp never worked
> for me. I edit all my g-code and these two entries
> out. However, you will need to set the temps
> manually and make sure they are where they need to
> be before printing.

I saw this working very well (only waits until temp is reached, no extra delay noticeable) on an ultimaker (RAMPS & Marlin + pronterface).

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login