Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gen7 1N4004 can it be replaced by NTE125 ?

Posted by terramir 
Gen7 1N4004 can it be replaced by NTE125 ?
March 13, 2012 10:16PM
I did it again I did another order from mouser because I needed resistors and stuff and I realized that last time I accidently just ordered two diodes and well this time I forgot. the question is can I replace the diode 1n4004 with an NTE125 I got plenty of those you see. But I know while sometimes it's alright to just substitue with a bigger diode (well there both rated 1amp but the nte can handle higher voltages) Some times the diodes are choosen for a particular purpose and one specific quality that may or may not be present in the other one.
the nte125 can handle a maximum surge for 1 cycle of 50A while the 1n4004 can only handle 30 A for one cycle. I dunno I would like some input because it seems to me this diode overmatches a bit.
Would like some input from those here that know more than me because going out to radioshack and spending less than 2 bucks is not a big deal, but if it's possible to use these I got like over 20 that otherwise would stay in that drawer for ages.
so it would be free to me grinning smiley which is better and less walking involved LOL
terramir
Re: Gen7 1N4004 can it be replaced by NTE125 ?
March 14, 2012 05:15AM
Bigger diodes will work and walking keeps you helathy.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Re: Gen7 1N4004 can it be replaced by NTE125 ?
March 14, 2012 05:18AM
yeah I know walking keeps me healthy but in los angeles air my treadmill is better for me smiling bouncing smiley
thanks for the info was double checking because if I can save 2 bucks here and there it's cool smiling smiley
thanks
terramir
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login