Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

can someone check my work here? teacup firmware files

Posted by terramir 
can someone check my work here? teacup firmware files
March 12, 2012 04:19AM
Hey here are my files as I modified them for my machine currently the e is rough here are the numbers I do have:
and my thermistor is the honeywell one I really could only use the values on the website if someone has a better table let me know; however please look at the .h files attached and let me know if I edited correctly.
PS: I downloaded the most recent version, however I noticed that the 1.31xxxxx board pins have changed I got the one from 3 months ago where they hadn't changed yet can someone let me know if this still corresponds with the original 1.31 or if I have to change the rest of the file .

my numbers are based on this a wades extruder 39:9 (dunno why that's the way the guy printed it) 6.5mm effective bolt 8 x stepping on both z and e, 16x stepping on x and y
with 14 teeth gt2 pulleys for a rough 114 steps per mm I dunno quite how to do the limits and the endstops yet need some guidance there
please take a look
terramir
Attachments:
open | download - ThermistorTable.gen7.h (2.3 KB)
open | download - config.gen7.h (22 KB)
Re: can someone check my work here? teacup firmware files
March 12, 2012 08:24AM
You might want to uncomment that line :

// #define E_ABSOLUTE

If you use skeinforge, SFACT or Slic3r - their default settings is to use absolute (and I still don't understand why this isn't the default in teacup too).

The symptom for that is your extruder sending way too much plastic (or not enough ?) and doing massive extrusion (or rectraction ?) just before changing layers.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
March 12, 2012 03:21PM
still wondering if the pinout is correct because in github the latest pcb has a different pinout so I don't know if traumflug updated the software files to that already. I just would like to know. Also about the maximum size range don't I need this if I'm only using 3 end stops how do I make this happen ?
I mean do the softwares have a mode where I can manually tell it where to go so I can confirm before I program it into the firmware?
terramir
March 12, 2012 11:06PM
Just double check the pins that are changed in hardware with what's in your firmware. Should be quick to trace pins on the board and verify. Print platform size is generally default to the Prusa/Sells Mendel so you should be good there. All the software I have used has a manual mode to jog an axis a set amount, then you can check with a ruler. I think pronterface is likely the best to start with if you are using teacup.
March 13, 2012 05:13AM
The simplest way to get such stuff right is to simply try. The ATmega won't complain if he gets 500 firmware uploads, so you can easily configure step by step.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login