Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

test firmware does not blink my led sad smiley

Posted by terramir 
test firmware does not blink my led sad smiley
March 06, 2012 01:27AM
Okies test firmware does kick the psu on if I have serial connected well that works 2 (serial monitor 9600 baud goes through the cycle looks good but my LED on heater one won't blink sad smiley
I dunno why, btw I'm using the mouser fairchild mosfets if this might make a difference confused smiley anyone got any ideas oh btw do I have to have something plugged into the header like a 5 ohm resistor or something in order for the led to blink?
terramir
Re: test firmware does not blink my led sad smiley
March 06, 2012 03:55AM
Any chance you would build the stuff at least in parts simply the way it's designed? Looking at your history of threads ...

Anyways, these LEDs show what's going on on the 12V line, so you have to have 12V available to make them blink. If this is the case already, use your voltage meter.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

March 06, 2012 05:00AM
Actually all the electronic parts except for the some of the resistors and LED's I had laying around the led's on that end are also standard green led's so they should need about a 5mA current @ 2.5V so show some lighting I dunno I used the list and the links using a standard psu 430W unless the 12V line is completely fried on this used psu it should light if and that's the if everything is working and it does not need a load across the headers in order to light. I used all the standard parts for this, except maybe some of the connectors etc. i.e. I didn't get them from mouser I got similar connectors from allelectronics in van nuys ( was cheaper) and shouldn't make a difference,
Ehhh just looked at the assembly instructions because I wanted to verify, I was going by the orientation of the usually clip-on heatsinks and well I tracked down the reason:

I switched the orientation of the mosfet's DOH! Question do you think they survived this I didn't see any smoke?hot smiley
Since there was virtually no load attached, Traumflug what do you think?
thanks for the reminder about "at least in parts" that got me thinking and rechecking grinning smiley
terramir
March 06, 2012 07:13AM

Traumflug what do you think?

I think use an ohm meter to check wether they have a short between the outer two pins and if not, use them. AFAIK, a MOSFET is also a diode, so inserting them the wrong way doesn't damage anything.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

March 14, 2012 09:14PM
well figured it out problem was I didn't have the 4 pin power connector connected.
lol
March 19, 2012 08:08AM
Haha, it's always little things like that which turn out to be the problem.

LED Lighting
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login