Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

gen7 3x 2 header which pins are which

Posted by terramir 
gen7 3x 2 header which pins are which
February 24, 2012 03:06PM
Noticed I can't find something also noticed other things.
#1 the instructions from building a parallel port are noted from the inside of the connector not the outside that confused me for a sec, but I figured that out.
#2 I'm not sure where the pins go on the generation 7 electronics so I thought I'd ask
looking at the gen7 board from the bottom ( meaning the atx 24 header is on the right side and the endstop headers are the bottom
is this correct:

Programming header _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ serial connection
NC Mosi Gnd _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ GND GND 5V+ RxD TxD Reset
MISO SCK Reset

And Assuming I'm correct I should power the board during programming from the serial header (i.e. my usb to TTL convertor that has 5V)
Could use some input before I finish making the cable today, right Now I'm tracking down wires to pin measurements with my multi meter should be done in an hour.
then I have to solder the resistors and make the header.
so please let me know
terramir

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2012 07:11PM by terramir.
Re: gen7 3x 2 header which pins are which
February 24, 2012 05:20PM
This is the image I have been using as a reference for the ISP header

When looking at the board from the front (pololu headers in the back), The Reset pin is the one in the row further back, next to the reset button.

And if you built the Parallel programmer with the +5v line for Vcc, you don't have to use your USB to TTL to power it. Power is provided from the programmer.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2012 05:26PM by Legot.
February 24, 2012 07:10PM
okie what you wrote doesn't make sense to me look at my schematic I wrote up there is that accurate or not
terramir
February 25, 2012 01:01AM
hello I still need help wityh this because what he said does not make sense to me
would like to get on with programming my chips smiling smiley
terramir
February 25, 2012 05:09AM
The Gen7 ICMP header is the same as the one on all the Arduinos.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

February 25, 2012 06:27AM
so I don't get confused anymore than I am right now I'm gonna post this pic maybe then I'll get it

please list the pins by numbers
thanks
terramir
EDIT Sometimes you just got to do it yourself

I took a look at this Sanguino page and traced the pins on this board to the socket where the atmega 644p goes.
this is what I came up with based on the picture above
1. to pin 9 so RST
2. to the small jumper to pin8 SCK
3. traces to pin 7 so MISO
4. traces to the reset button and GND
5. traces back to pin 6 therefore it's MOSI
6. is jumpered to pin 10 on the socket ergo it's Vcc so 5V+
think this is correct unless I am totally blind
smiling smiley considering I used a 10x mag I dun think so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2012 02:43PM by terramir.
February 27, 2012 06:21PM
terramir
Sometimes you just got to do it yourself

We are all here doing it ourselves. I appreciate the 'please', but your written tone sounds a little demanding or entitled. Maybe that's just my interpretation, though.

I had to figure this connector out this weekend, also. See if this image helps clear it up for you.
Attachments:
open | download - ICSP-header-Gen7.png (397.4 KB)
February 28, 2012 02:30AM
exactly what I said up there thanks for confirming it you made such a nice picture through I think we should post it on the wiki grinning smiley
Sometimes you have to do it yourself, was not about entitlement but heck sometimes I got get off my lazy butt and contribute winking smiley especially if I want the answer fast lol.
Thanks for confirming and the nice pic.
BTW got a question how do you edit / contribute to the wiki I actually got something to say about the parallel cable (cause the one thing the page about the parallel cable doesn't mention is that the plug pin view is from the inside of a connector from the outside (when your reusing a cable the pins are mirrored)
the picture that you made would also fit quite nicely there I'm building a cable that looks a little different from what other people have built Because I thought it would come in Handy.
will post pics later on the wiki if I can edit, btw do I have permission to post your pic?

terramir
February 28, 2012 09:51AM
I think it's what you had there. But your pin numbers are all non-standard, so it can be confusing.

You have my permission to use my pic. The board image came from Traumflug's Gen7 1.3.1 wiki. Check the the license there, too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login