Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using Fuel injectors

Posted by ErikDeBruijn 
Using Fuel injectors
December 03, 2010 05:00AM
[fabathome.org]

Paragon at Fab@Home wrote this, this should be worth further exploration!

On finding this fantastic website I emailed Evan with some thoughts and ideas that I have been working on. One of these ideas was with regards to using an electronic automotive fuel injector as a depositition tool. I had four injectors purchased via eBay which where like new removed from a mini. Over the weekend I carried out some basic tests. I hooked the terminals up to a MOSFET with the gate connected to the output of a PIC this allowed me to switch the injector on and off at various rates. I did not have a pump available so I used a large syringe that came with an inkjet refill kit connected to the input of the injector. Initially I filled the syringe with water to check the flow this flowed with no problem. I then filled the syringe with a hand cream called E45 (It was all I had available)in the UK this is fairly viscous so I was concerned that the injector would become blocked. I am pleased to say it did not.
I then connected a very fine hypodermic needle (which was left over from building a gas turbine fuel injector and not drug abuse! ;-)) to the output of the injector on switching the injector on and off a consistent very fine interrupted stream was witnessed.
--Paragon 15:24, 15 November 2006 (EST)

Regards,

Erik de Bruijn
[Ultimaker.com] - [blog.erikdebruijn.nl]
Re: Using Fuel injectors
December 03, 2010 09:44AM
I did this some time ago with fuel injectors, the problem was they were not stainless steel, and rusted up internaly,
I think stainless ones are available though, but expensive.

Random Precision
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login