Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WANTED: Darvin pieces

Posted by pedrosk 
WANTED: Darvin pieces
January 31, 2015 06:57PM
I am intending to built my first 3D printer! Be it the Darwin! Can anybody print the parts for me and help with advice?

Thank you.

Ed.
Re: WANTED: Darvin pieces
January 31, 2015 09:26PM
Are you sure? The Darwin has a billion (okay maybe not that many) pieces...

Take a look at the Thingiverse page for Thing 301 for info, build instructions and parts. I'm sure you can get someone here to print them for you, giving the time and motivation. smiling smiley

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
January 31, 2015 09:54PM
David,

Thank you for the quick response.

Sound like starting at the beginning is not a bad idea. What I like about it is that the table is static and only the printing head is moving. I have been researching on how to build it for over a month and I clearly need help smiling smiley I thought it will not be so difficult to get the printed plastic parts, not to mention to get stainless steel rods smiling smiley So If not Darwin, than what would you recommend? What do you have experience with?

Thanks,

Ed
January 31, 2015 10:12PM
One of the most popular entry level builds is one of the Prusa iterations. The i2 is very rigid and easy (and inexpensive) to build, and the i3 is really easy to build. I currently have an i3 (you can see it by clicking through the links in my signature) and have been very happy with it. Great bang for the buck.

I suggest taking a stroll through some of the proven designs >> HERE <<

Again - I'm happy to help you along your journey with the Darwin or most any other... Welcome!

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
January 31, 2015 10:25PM
Prusa was my second choice. The only thing is the big chunk of metal or wood, etc. Very elegant indeed. Maybe I take up a challenge to build both. How would you recommend to start with Darwin? I am already setting up my shop to cut/drill Stainless steel rods (SMOOTH), need to find a good source to buy, any recommendations? Will be real fun to do with my kids. Figured I would find out how much is it to get all the plastic pieces, since that is something you cant get in a hardware store. Can you print some for me? I am doing all this for them. They kept saying DUPLO (the big LEGO blocks) dont have doors, this and that and that maybe we could design it and print... so here we go, following up on their challenge .. doing stuff like this together is rewarding. Let me know if you can direct me on who can help with the plastic parts and recommendations on where to buy steel rods. The threaded ones we will get from Fastenal.com, but the smooth one is tough in stainless.

Thanks

Ed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login