Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with Redwizard3D shop

Posted by obijuan 
Problems with Redwizard3D shop
February 29, 2012 12:29PM
Hi,

I am having problems with my order in Redwizard3D shop. I have sent many emails recently to Darren Sim, who is in charge of the shop, but no answer.

I placed my order on jan-11th (I payed 450€ / 357 GBP). After 7 weeks I do not have my kit. What is worse, they have not given me an estimated shipping date.

Before placing my order I sent an email to this shop and Darren answered me saying that they have enough kits in stock and they will ship it in 2 weeks. I accepted, placed my order and payed. It was a really big mistake :-(

How about your experience with Redwizard3D? What can I do? Of course, I can claim my money back (I payed using paypal), but How about the time I have wasted waiting for the kit? I am really angry....

Juan Gonzalez
www.iearobotics.com

------
Página personal: [www.iearobotics.com]
Blog: [www.iearobotics.com]
Bought my kit in mid December after many excuses which I believed at the time. I am loosing patience still have nothing other than a few emails.
Re: Problems with Redwizard3D shop
March 03, 2012 10:17AM
yeah, many excuses: the wheather, his kids, problems with the bootloader... What I cannot understand is why he is accepting more orders even knowing that he cannot manage it...

------
March 07, 2012 03:52AM
One more week and still no news from Redwizard3D shop. I am running out of patience. Today I have sent Darren Sim my last friendly email... To be contined

------
I am considering my options.

Already begun to ask for my money back.

If he is still accepting orders he must have £600x10people? / 3 months is a lot of money he owes people or am I wrong. I am considering talking to the Police as this appears to be a total scam. I am going to take legal advice. He seemed so genuine he has been on other reprap discussions since 2010 but He has stop replying to my e-mails.
March 07, 2012 05:17AM
I will wait 24h more. If still no answer or excuses I will claim my money back.

More news tomorrow....

------
I found his address if you are interested.
March 08, 2012 02:38AM
I have open a dispute in paypal and I have sent Darren an email claiming my money back.
Richard: yes please, I am interested in his address. Can you sent it to me privately, please? thanks.

Now I am really angry at him. I cannot believe what he has done...

But now we know the truth... he is a liar. Instead of telling us he has problems with the stock or with the supplyier or whatever... instead of telling us that our orders can be delayed for 2 months... he just gave us excuses, excuses... but in the mean while he was also accepting new orders.

------
Cant get my money back because paypal don't recognise it after 45 days!!!!. Can't raise a dispute.
March 08, 2012 06:44AM
It is the same to me. You can raise the dispute, But Paypal will not give your money back because of the 45 days. It has to be Darren who give us the money back. For raising the dispute first find the transaction from your main account (not from the dispute browser. It only let you choose the id for the transactions made 45 days before).

Once you raise it, Darren will receive it. Paypal will have the information that Darren is a problematic vendor and other user can be informed.

Now we know the reason why Darren gave us so many excuses... after 45 days whe cannot formaly claim it through Paypal :-(

------
Barclaycard are more helpful, They have suspended the transaction on my account and are sending me a dispute form and want all the emails in the dispute.

Here is the only address of a Darren Sim in north Devon. If he is real. He owns this house according 191
20, Sowden Park, Barnstaple, Devon, EX32 8EH
Sorry did the search on 192.com
March 08, 2012 07:19AM
Thanks. I will keep you informed

------
Just would like my kit or my money!

If Barclaycard doesn't pay me back.

Small claims court is on my agenda. I have had the procedure explained to me and I can claim expenses.
I
Now promising my kit in next two days now ( I assume this means send ). I wait with baited breath!
March 08, 2012 12:22PM
oh, really?? Has Darren already answer you?... I have no news, no money, no kit... :-(

------
I told him that I had raised a dispute issue with paypal & barclaycard which I will cancel if he really sends my kit. I also assume he has read this correspondence. He says he is sending out in chronological order.
March 08, 2012 02:27PM
But there is something I do not understand. Before placing my order I wrote him an email asking him about the stock and the lead time. He told me: "I have everything in stock at the moment[...] Current estimated lead time is 2 weeks to ship". So.... What happened!!! Why after 8 weeks I have nothing? Why when I ordered there were still a lot of customer waiting? (Like you). I have to say that he answered me almost immediately. He is a liar. He only wanted my money. I do not believe him any more.

------
March 08, 2012 04:10PM
I have just found these pictures:

[www.flickr.com]

Have a look at the date: Jan-14th. He still is selecting the parts for the kits! He started shelling the kits he did not have. Move to the newer pictures. He was developing his kits... maybe using our money as funding. That's ok, but Why he did not tell us? "I am preparing my own kits, I still have to do a lot of testings.... so if you want to PRE-ORDER it....It will take 2 or 3 months....". It was not a real order, but a Pre-order. He lied to us.

Look at the store room (date: Feb-15h, two months after you ordered your kit....). There is almost nothing!

------
March 09, 2012 05:02AM
Completely silence. He does not answer any emails. I am totally desperate. I have thrown in the towel :-(

I have just ordered another kit in xyzprinters (I really trust on them). Perhaps one day I will recover my money (or my kit)...

For me, Darren does no longer exist

------
I give him 5 days more before I take action.

I think he has got himself in a fix as he has been doing this part time. I have given him lots of understanding for 3 months. Barclaycard are sending me a form for a complaint and time doesn't seem to be a factor. Other wise it is a small claims court which I have been assured is easy but will cost £100 which hopefully I can claim back. My representation at Court would be free as it is family. (criminal lawyer). Perhaps if comes to this we can claim together.

I have had to cast which is a long process what I wanted to print which has taken me a lot longer without the printer.
March 09, 2012 05:53AM
Thanks. I would like to claim together, but I am not from the UK, so maybe it is a problem.
Anyway, let's give him some more time. It is the only we can do at this point.

------
Looks hopeful on I am on the list of packed kits on his web site but you aren't yet. He is moving at last, you may be soon getting you kit if you haven't cancelled it.
I have given up, Still no response. I am starting to get my money back. I have a form from Barclaycard to fill in.
March 19, 2012 03:02PM
After more than 2 months, all that we have gotten is a list of packed kits. I have given up. I do not want his kit, just my money back.

------
March 22, 2012 10:53AM
Yesterday I sent another email to Darren telling him I do NOT want the kit, just my money back. This is his answer:

"I am trying to sort this out for you, right now my paypal is locked due to another delayed kit and they wont unlock it until i've send them a ton of information with regards to my stock and shipping statuses. I will let you know when Paypal have unlocked my account. I cant pay ANYONE until the account is unlocked - i cant even pay to ship kits.
"

I really do not trust on him. In all his emails the main idea is always the same: "Something has happened. I am working on it. Wait"

------
I have the same email. If he has the kit but can't post it. I intend to collect it in the next three days if he gives me a time and a place. I want to verify whether he is incompetent or a fraud. I notice that this conversation has had nearly 700 hits.
March 23, 2012 08:09AM
Dear Customers,

I write this as an open apology for everyone to see so that I can be as transparent as possible about what i'm doing to resolve non-delivery issues. I am VERY aware that these kits should of been out the door MONTHS ago and i've let a lot of people down. I have enough parts here for a dozen kits and i've allocated all the parts that are ready to ship to orders. I've seriously sucked at organisation and time keeping. THIS IS CHANGING.

A few weeks ago I moved into a dedicated workshop rather than the corner of a bedroom and a garage 30 miles away. This will save petrol, time and money in the long run. Its also designed to reduce stress at home. Its a 3 year lease. I'm NOT going anywhere.

The Workshop address is

Unit 3, Graphic House,
Horsepond Meadow,
South Molton,
North Devon, UK
EX36 4EJ

Telephone number is (+44)1769579821

You can contact me here, on the phone, privately or publically and I will reply. I am also available via mail@redwizard3d.com via email. I will see your emails on my mobile however I believe its not possible to reply until i get into the office. If i'm not in the office there is an answer phone. I am here until 3 today(friday) and all day sunday. I may also be back in here later today from ~8-11pm. Saturday I will be working 11 hours in a part time job so will not be available.

Pictures of the workshop can be seen in the flickr account linked to above.

Kit parts were all in my hands so to speak as of around the first week in january maybe? I then had trouble with electronics and such which some of you are aware of. I've since resolved these issues. I would have to go back through a lot of emails to try and remember what went wrong when, suffice it to say, a lot. Cracked plastics, delays on parts, getting the electronics up and running, a part time job, family illness, weather. LOTS of problems. If i'd been more organised at the time i'd of had a lot of other things done already. e.g. Not all of the kits have assembled endstops yet. None of the kits have the alu z couplers. This is being fixed today with a big batch being made here.

I really want to ship these kits out the door but i've run into one last problem. When i've made the z couplers and made sure everything is in the boxes ready to go out the door I need to wait for my paypal to be unlocked so i can pay for shipping. I wont go into details but a customer got fed up of waiting and performed a chargeback on my paypal account which effectively locked it down. I dont blame them for doing it, but it has left me with no means to unlock the account until i've jumped through all of paypal's hoops. I'm taking action to make sure this is resolved asap and to make sure it cant ever happen again - i refuse to be taken hostage by paypal again - they've left me in a very awkward situation that is taking a lot of time to resolve - time i should be spending on kits.

So to reiterate - the kit parts are ALL here, i'm just trying to work to get them to the point their ready to ship - as soon as paypal is unlocked or I sort out another source of money to pay for shipping I will ship the kits out the door. I have spoken to one customer already who is willing to pick their kit up so i'm going to work today with the plan to get enough kits completed so that if anyone else wants their kit, i'll have it here waiting.

To address the above points.

Yes, i've made a lot of excuses - but at the end of the day, they dont mean a crap - I am responsible for the kits and its my fault. I'm very sorry for all the stress and delay that has been caused. I will make sure this doesnt happen in the future and that i'm as transparent as possible with regards to orders in future.

The shops shut until i've [a] worked through the kits and sorted out any problems with production and i've replaced the payment processor(paypal) with something more professional and less likely to cause a problem like this in the future.

The image linked to in my flickr account is of a set of prototype makergear compatble nozzles to be used as drop in replacements. I created these with a view to [a] trying different nozzle sizes creating my own hotends with power resistors further down the line and [c] giving customers more things to try with their printers.

The kits i'm going to be shipping are not the kits I offered back in november. They have better parts, they have been upgraded, I would like to think that the kits that ship have moved with whats current. The original kits didnt have glass beds, nor did the beds use standoffs to raise the HBP off of the bed. The beds are now treated with a high temp paint and they've had modifications made to them to avoid the power cables snapping off your HBP and shorting against something expensive and hard to replace(like you).

Again, i'm sorry for the delays and I know there is going to be a load of flames coming my way in the not too distant future however I AM working to resolve the problems i've caused and I cant do more than that. I hope you understand this.

Regards

Darren
March 24, 2012 04:42PM
Darren,

I am fed up of excuses, problems and delays. Please, give me my money back. I do not want your kit, just my money. I want to forget about it as soon as possible.

I do not trust on words, but actions. If you really want to demonstrate that thing are changing, start by listening to your customers and give SOLUTIONS, not excuses.

I want to receive my money as soon as possible

Juan

------
March 25, 2012 09:53AM
I have just sent to Darren my bank account number. Please, give me my money back.

You owe me 357,42GBP or €449,60

I am losing my patience

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2012 09:58AM by obijuan.

------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login