Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FLSUN kossel delta kit- z axis moving??

Posted by Corbid 
FLSUN kossel delta kit- z axis moving??
February 08, 2018 07:08AM
Hi,

I have been working on and off for weeks trying to set up my FLSUN kossel delta kit. Got everything up and running, but was having a terrible time printing. The hotend kept hitting the bed, either making it so it couldn't extrude or drug what had been extruded around. Spoke with customer support and they thought it was a bed leveling issue. I checked the bed level again and noticed something odd. I would adjust the nozzle just off the bed, move it along the x axis to the right, but when I brought it back to center, it kept hitting the bed. I would move closer to the center, hit the bed, adjust the z axis up, moved to the center again, and hit the bed again. After adjusting the height several times, I moved back out again to the right and when I moved back to center, I hit the bed again, in the same way as before. I repeated this several times so that dead center was x0y0z7.9!!! I spoke with customer support again, this time they suggested changing the smooth rod offset value, but that didn't seem to help either. Does anyone have any ideas of what might be going on? Thanks!
Re: FLSUN kossel delta kit- z axis moving??
February 09, 2018 03:01AM
I discovered what the problem was. The gear attached to one of the tower stepper motors had come loose and slid in towards the motor. It seems the difference was large enough to have caused my problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login