Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Perimeters misalignment on DIY Delta printer

Posted by peterpower 
Perimeters misalignment on DIY Delta printer
January 11, 2018 11:56AM
Hi everyone, this forum helped me a lot but this is my first post.

Few days ago I mounted a new self made bowden extruder bay (a bit larger than the previous one). I tuned my dimension settings but i keep having bad perimeters alignment.
In the attached files you can see what i mean, positioning after travel seems ok but, while extruding, curves are narrower than thought. The infill seems aligned well (the octopus base is 2 well-alligned layers).
I thought about mechanical problems (axis misalignment, belt tension and so on) but even if i rotate the object i get identical results.
I also tried with different feeding values and temperatures and speeds (same result even with 25%.speed).

If anyone knows what setting i'm missing to resolve such behavior would be really appreciated.

Thank you anyway
Peter
Re: Perimeters misalignment on DIY Delta printer
January 11, 2018 12:21PM
Is the hotend exactly perpendicular to the bed? It looks like the filament got squished out of the nozzle to one side instead of down.
January 12, 2018 10:51AM
Thank you for the reply,
The mounted hotend is notthe right one form my heatsink, i already ordered the right one.
I'll give it a try as soon as it'll be shipped.

Anyway, it seems strange to me since the older bay was even worst in alignment and haven't had such problems.
Also, as i said, no matter how i turn printing parts and hardware i keep having the exactly same result.

I'll keep you updated.
January 19, 2018 12:03PM
Finalli new hotend as been shipped ans seems like you were right, i also printed out a new bay while waiting and released a bit of tension on rods springs.
Even if not fully sure about the cause i 'm pretty happy with the result.

thaks again for your help.
January 20, 2018 03:03AM
The cloned E3D heatsinks don't come with the same collar size. That's why you have to pick out the effector suited for your heatsink or redesign it until it fits.
I remember, I made one from ABS, softened it with lots of acetone and pressed the heatsink in. Fits like a second skin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login