Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Perimeters misalignment on DIY Delta printer

Posted by peterpower 
Perimeters misalignment on DIY Delta printer
January 11, 2018 08:56AM
Hi everyone, this forum helped me a lot but this is my first post.

Few days ago I mounted a new self made bowden extruder bay (a bit larger than the previous one). I tuned my dimension settings but i keep having bad perimeters alignment.
In the attached files you can see what i mean, positioning after travel seems ok but, while extruding, curves are narrower than thought. The infill seems aligned well (the octopus base is 2 well-alligned layers).
I thought about mechanical problems (axis misalignment, belt tension and so on) but even if i rotate the object i get identical results.
I also tried with different feeding values and temperatures and speeds (same result even with 25%.speed).

If anyone knows what setting i'm missing to resolve such behavior would be really appreciated.

Thank you anyway
Peter
Re: Perimeters misalignment on DIY Delta printer
January 11, 2018 09:21AM
Is the hotend exactly perpendicular to the bed? It looks like the filament got squished out of the nozzle to one side instead of down.
Re: Perimeters misalignment on DIY Delta printer
January 12, 2018 07:51AM
Thank you for the reply,
The mounted hotend is notthe right one form my heatsink, i already ordered the right one.
I'll give it a try as soon as it'll be shipped.

Anyway, it seems strange to me since the older bay was even worst in alignment and haven't had such problems.
Also, as i said, no matter how i turn printing parts and hardware i keep having the exactly same result.

I'll keep you updated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login