Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

has my Duet Ethernet died?

Posted by shadowphile 
has my Duet Ethernet died?
December 31, 2017 07:22AM
I changed extruders on my delta and was successfully recalibrating the extruder motor when suddenly the machine would not home anymore, just whine.
Microstepping, max accel, jerk, max current settings all the same as before. All kinds of rebooting activity helped not at all.
I decided to reinstall the firmware and after doing the big erase the device manager shows a 'AT91 USB to Serial Converter' when I plug the Duet Ethernet usb port. Device Manager does NOT say 'bossac'. In the command prompt, the bossac command fails, seems to try to interpret as USB data (whatever that means).
(Before erasing I was using 1.19.1 and thought perhaps I had corrupted something)
thanks
Re: has my Duet Ethernet died?
December 31, 2017 11:31AM
Assuming that you pressed the Erase button for long enough (a second is more than enough), my guess is that you have some other device driver installed that is being assigned to the Bossa port. I suggest you use Device Manager to identify that driver and either disable it or use Update Driver to assign a different driver to it.

Make sure you are using bossac version 1.18 1.8. Earlier versions don't work with the SAM4E chip used in the Duet Ethernet.

The cause of the initial issue may have been a faulty PSU or a loose screw in the VIN terminal block.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2017 02:17PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 31, 2017 02:00PM
Is that bossa 1.8? The Shumatech site only provides back to 1.3.
December 31, 2017 02:17PM
Sorry, I meant 1.8.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

December 31, 2017 02:32PM
It worked, thanks a lot. I forgot that I had never upgraded firmware on a duet ethernet (ie not .85)
December 31, 2017 02:33PM
Oh, the instructions need updating. they say 1.18.
December 31, 2017 02:50PM
Thanks, I've corrected them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login