Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Idea to increase accuracy

Posted by gromyjoe 
Idea to increase accuracy
October 20, 2017 08:51PM
So I was watching this video on YouTube and it made me wonder if something similar could be incorporated into 3d printers. It is called a resolver, similar to an encoder but it is more accurate and can remember it's position after it loses power! The guy explains it in much better detail than I could so here's the link [youtu.be]

Would it be possible to use something similar on the opposite end of the belt to double check the position of the effector? I am no good at writing code or else I'd be trying it right now.
Re: Idea to increase accuracy
October 21, 2017 03:18AM
A closed loop Delta mechanic wouldn't solve the problems of loosing steps inbetween moves. We don't need accurate endposition but in-sync moves all the time.
So the slicers would have to chop straight moves into tiny portions. Not impossible with postprocessors and 32 bit controllers, but is it worth it?
A well build delta won't skip steps winking smiley
VDX
October 21, 2017 09:26AM
... could be simpler to DIY Grey-code-encoders - here a comercial type with code-plate and phototransistor-head:

- and here some DIY-plates:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2017 09:27AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 25, 2017 11:00PM
gromyjoe
So I was watching this video on YouTube and it made me wonder if something similar could be incorporated into 3d printers. It is called a resolver, similar to an encoder but it is more accurate and can remember it's position after it loses power! The guy explains it in much better detail than I could so here's the link [youtu.be]

Would it be possible to use something similar on the opposite end of the belt to double check the position of the effector? I am no good at writing code or else I'd be trying it right now.

I subscribe to that guy on patreon, he is a skookem cat. grinning smiley Though, i honestly think there are too many sources of error in a delta printer for this to have significant cost/benefit.
October 30, 2017 06:47PM
Hi guys, recently I came across this video [www.youtube.com] it shows how to mesure delta z hight with micrometer and with help of OpenDACT adjust accuracy of delta printer within 0.015mm to print bed.It only works with repetier (for now). I started issue on Marlin github page [github.com] and also ther is some progress on OpenDACT gut hub page [github.com] to make it work with any Delta 3d printer smiling smiley
October 31, 2017 01:45PM
Vido
Hi guys, recently I came across this video [www.youtube.com] it shows how to mesure delta z hight with micrometer and with help of OpenDACT adjust accuracy of delta printer within 0.015mm to print bed.It only works with repetier (for now). I started issue on Marlin github page [github.com] and also ther is some progress on OpenDACT gut hub page [github.com] to make it work with any Delta 3d printer smiling smiley

My Mitutoyo digital caliper can't give me this "accuracy" !

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login