Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstops not working and other questions

Posted by Kubas_inko 
Endstops not working and other questions
October 14, 2017 05:17PM
Hey there. I have few question and problems, I would love to ask you guys.
1. If you look at my config, is it correct for Delta printer?
2. I have mechanical endstop switches for x,y,z min. Everyone is connected to ground and S pin on Ramps. They are set up so that they are constantly open. But my printer just won't register them. I can press them how many times I want, but they just dont work. i tested them with multimeter, and they work fine (it beeps when not pressed and when pressed nothing). So, what am I doing wrong?
3. Don't know why, but my motors are moving in opposite direction. Is there way of fixing it?
4. Is there a way of setting hight manually (I don't have probe or any other endstop)? So that I can move the print head to where Bed is - that would be home.
5. Is there a way of setting radius manually ? so that I can move the print head to where I want to be max radius.

I hope it is all smiling smiley. Thank you guys for your time and any reply.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (68.5 KB)
Re: Endstops not working and other questions
October 14, 2017 11:28PM
1) you have defined #define DELTA , so its for a delta
2) for enstops to work that way requires pullups to be enabled which you have "#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS"
you have a ramps, its has max and min endstop plugs. For deltas you should use the max endstops and the firmware is configured that way ie
#define USE_ZMIN_PLUG // a Z probe
#define USE_XMAX_PLUG
#define USE_YMAX_PLUG
#define USE_ZMAX_PLUG
So move your endstops onto the max plugs on the controller.
3) yes (have you even tried to look for answers? no I didn't think so)
#define INVERT_X_DIR false // DELTA does not invert
#define INVERT_Y_DIR false
#define INVERT_Z_DIR false
If they are wrong change to true. Ignore that comment its BS it depends on how your steppers are wired not the type of machine.
4) yes
// height from z=0 to home position
#define DELTA_HEIGHT 250.00 set it to the highs from the endstop to the build platform
5) yes
// Print surface diameter/2 minus unreachable space (avoid collisions with vertical towers).
#define DELTA_PRINTABLE_RADIUS 90.0 // mm
October 15, 2017 02:28AM
Nice. now it is working. but another problem occurred. When I am moving above bed, it is higher in the middle than on the sides. And it is not problem with the bed, but the arms are pushing it up and down (which they should not when moving on x/y)

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2017 07:16AM by Kubas_inko.
October 15, 2017 07:51AM
Some pics here (x=0, x=-80, x=80)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login