Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X-/Y-Size does not match

Posted by Treito 
X-/Y-Size does not match
September 10, 2017 10:50AM
Hello,

I switched my Micromake D1 to 24V DC and replaced the controller with a Duet 0.6.
When printing a test cube of 20x20x50mm I get a cube of 19.5x19.5x50mm. Which parameter is wrong?
The strange thing ist that the diagonal rod length is 217mm measured and confirmed by others, but Micromake uses 210mm in Cura.

Best regards,

Sven

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Re: X-/Y-Size does not match
September 10, 2017 11:45AM
Your Z dimension is OK so your steps/mm should be correct.

The diagonal rod length parameter affects the scaling, but it also affects the geometry.

I suggest you print a course grid pattern on the whole bed, then check that the grid lines are straight and parallel. If instead they are bowed in or out, adjust the diagonal rod length parameter in the M665 command (and then recalibrate the delta radius) until they are not. Then check the dimensions of a test cube again, and if necessary use M579 to correct them. But measure a print larger than 20mm, otherwise you may get errors because the filament swell is not quite what the slicer expected.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2017 11:49AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 10, 2017 11:50AM
Many thanks for your answer.

The best results I indeed got with a rod length of 211mm. I guess that is why Micromake used 210mm in Cura.
For calibration I use an inductive sensor at the moment. I am not sure if a mini height sensor board would be more accurate.

Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
September 18, 2017 01:56AM
It's strange.
I used a test pattern of 102*102mm. I got a nearly good grid except for the outer area nearby x=-50mm and y=+50mm. The x side is bowed in.
It seems that there is a mechanical issue but what?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login