Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Geeetech G2S pro cooling fan

Posted by mianwo 
Geeetech G2S pro cooling fan
May 03, 2017 02:18AM
Bought my second 3D printer, Geeetech G2S pro, a dual extruder Bowden delta machine, finished assembly last night.

There are 4 fan sockets on the control board, one with speed control and 3 without, according to Geeetech website.

Out of the 3 without speed control, one is used for cooling the control board, the other 2 are for the 2 extruders.

The fan connected to the speed control socket is at the hotend and it is facing slight up towards the hotend and the structure it attach to. So apparently it is intended for cooling the hotend only, not the print. But in that case why does it need speed control? An always-on fits better for the purpose.

I plan to add a print cooling fan, which will require the speed controlled port. And the current hotend fan has to go somewhere else.

My questions are:
1) Are those extruders really need cooling? They are no where near any heating element and I doubt if they generate any noticeable heat when pushing filament through the tube.
2) If they do need cooling, is it OK to parallel connect the 2 fans to one port so I can spare one for the hotend?
Re: Geeetech G2S pro cooling fan
May 06, 2017 03:45AM
I have the G2S pro also.
I think the cooling fan for the heat break (threaded rod on top of the heat block) is for cooling this part if you are heating but not extruding.
Maybe pre heating or between two prints.
This should prevent that the filament inside getting "overcooked" which can result air bubbles inside or a extruder jam.
I would connect the 30mm fan to a wire e.g. From the board fan to run always with full rpm and use the pwm port for a separate object cooling fan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login