Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Leveling a delta when you don't have M666?

Posted by dlc60 
Leveling a delta when you don't have M666?
April 30, 2017 02:38PM
I have a Folger Tech Kossel 2020 that I have gotten the bed quite flat through code tweaking and such. I'd love to find a way to not have to use G29 to level before each print and tried to use the Escher 3D bed leveling wizard. However, I don't know what to put in for some values.
The Marlin firmware that Folger Tech sends out with their printer is 6 years old and does not implement M666 and the like in it, so I cannot (apparently) get the values for the Wizard's "Initial Endstop Corrections". Or maybe I don't know what that means and I can find those values. The firmware also does not have any settings in Configuration.h to set endstop adjustment values.
Anyway...
Is there any way to use the results of this wizard with firmware this old?

thanks,
DLC
Re: Leveling a delta when you don't have M666?
April 30, 2017 04:59PM
If your printer is that old then perhaps is has endstop trigger height adjusting screws on top of the carriages. In which case, set the initial endstop corrections to zero in the wizard, and after running it, work out how much to turn each screw based on the thread pitch and the results of the calculator.

Or upgrade the firmware.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2017 04:59PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Leveling a delta when you don't have M666?
April 30, 2017 05:27PM
I just finished building it a couple of weeks ago from a kit. Folger Tech does not update their firmware it seems.
I will look into updating firmware though since I do not have easily adjustable endstops! It seems that every time I get something dialed in I tear it apart and start over. smiling smiley

DLC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login