Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trigorilla Board problem on AirCubic Kossel

Posted by twwd 
Trigorilla Board problem on AirCubic Kossel
April 25, 2017 07:53PM
I have the AirCubic Kossel Linear (small version) with the existing Trigorilla board. I first started the system up and everything came up good.
The LCD panel read Aircubic ready. Everythin functioned ok, motors went to the top to the stops.

When I screwed up the downloads, which I did not do correct! Everything stopped working except for one red light on the board and the LCD monitor has two lines running right and left across the screen.

My question is: What is the process to bring this board back to its original default working condition like it was out of the box! I am at a total loss with this one..

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise this machine goes back to the box!! Thanks for any help!
Re: Trigorilla Board problem on AirCubic Kossel
April 26, 2017 06:16AM
You probably need to write the firmware back to the controller you'll need a copy of it so go to the manufacturer or vendor and ask for it. It's likely an arduino based board so you'll probably need arduino ide and a USB cable to download it.

If it's specifically for your printer it should just work otherwise you'll have to reconfigure it.

I suspect it has nothing to do with the trigorilla board which is just a slave unit to switch the bed on and off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2017 06:18AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
April 26, 2017 01:14PM
DiDemonD,

Thank you very much for your response to my question. Your answer does make sense to me and I will follow through and try and get the firmware with the board I have and see if the reconfigure will work! Thank you again for the help!smiling smiley

RT
April 28, 2017 08:52PM
With all the problems I am having with my Anycubic Kossel, I have decided to give up the ghost on this machine and purchase different delta 3d printer! I have a question to you folks as to what machine you would recommend? I currently have a Geeetech pursa i3, Sunhockey Acrylic Pursa i3, TEVO Black Widow, and a Dremel 2040 machine. All four printers are working great, but I would like to build a working Delta machine.

The four machines listed above worked right out of the box! No software downloading, plug and go! I use Cura 2.3.0 on an SD card and no computer work at all. (I am not that good with a computersad smiley) I am looking to purchase a Delta kit ($300.00) range that will work out of the box from the LCD screen setting. Any advice on a machine from you would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!smiling smiley
April 29, 2017 12:55PM
A correction... I looked this printer up and it seems the main board on it is trigorilla branded but its still the same fix.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
April 29, 2017 01:46PM
Also I doubt you would ever get any Delta that will work straight out of the box.

You would definately need a computer to set it up calibrate and then sort the config files to match.

Especially within that price range.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2017 01:47PM by dougal1957.
April 30, 2017 07:11PM
UPDATE ON TRIGORILLA BOARD: I did send off an email to the Anycubic Support Team along with information as to what is happening with my Delta! By the way! The board did take a dump! Something in it overheated (burn smell) and the board went off line completely. They are going to get back to me with as to what they will do. I might say there customer service is very good! I will keep all posted as to what they will do!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login