Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't decide which printer to buy - Micromake/Anycubic/FLSUN

Posted by 3ds4fe 
Can't decide which printer to buy - Micromake/Anycubic/FLSUN
March 27, 2017 12:52PM
Hi, I'm new to 3d printers and have been researching for the last 3 weeks on them and have decided to buy a delta 3d printer. The problem is I just can't decide which one to buy!

I've been looking into the Anycubic and Micromake brand 3d printer kits and can't decide between the two. I've also read that the FLSUN printer is pretty good too. I'd appreciate if you guys can give me recommendations on which 3d printer would be best. I realize that whichever 3d printer I buy, I'm going to have to deal with some issues, depending on the brand I choose which is ok I'm just looking for some guidance on which one would be preferable.

My budget is $350-$400

Also is it worth paying the extra money for a linear kit or is the pulley type kit fine?

Thanks for the help.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2017 12:55PM by 3ds4fe.
Re: Can't decide which printer to buy - Micromake/Anycubic/FLSUN
March 28, 2017 02:50PM
Help! Please recommend me a good delta 3d printer.

My budget is a lot more flexible now...
April 04, 2017 06:26AM
If the budget is flexible and you don't mind putting in some effort to source the parts rather than buying an off the shelf kit have a look at dc42's large Kossel build - link here
April 09, 2017 06:58PM
i agree with sid but you need to read a lot before to build you own delta
if you speak english is not a problem because everything is in english..calibration procedure is a real pain for me
April 09, 2017 07:45PM
I only have used kits from AnyCubic, but they are not without their flaws and from what I have read in the FLSUN thread those have their issues as well. It's not unlikely the Micromake Delta has its particular set of issues as well. And all have in common that being Deltas calibration is not straightforward, moreso if you have no prior hands-off experience with other printers (3D printing has its learning curve regardless of printer type, a Delta adds complexity on top of that).

If the budget is limited and you're set on a Delta, then any of these kits would probably work. If the budget is a bit larger, you don't mind the extra effort of sourcing the parts, then I'd suggest dc42's build as it's very well documented. You'll still have to calibrate it, though when using the Duet WiFi board with RepRap firmware the autocalibration can take most of the pain out of that if your build is mechanically accurate enough.

If it doesn't absolutely has to be a Delta and want something that is easier to deal with, in the budget range of dc42's Kossel build you can find a zero assembly printer from the likes of XYZprinting and other manufacturers. Less DIY, less of a learningcurve and more time actually printing. That being said, I fully understand the appeal of Delta printers, they are much more exciting to see working then a Cartesian model for example (in my opinion) and building one and getting it to work is very rewarding. Whether or not one is recommended as a first printer I think depends much on your willingness to stick it through.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login