Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G code flavors and delta pausing

Posted by ben.meyer 
G code flavors and delta pausing
March 18, 2017 10:57PM
My delta suddenly started pausing in between travel moves. it causes blobbing and messy prints. After literaly weeks of tinkering around for hours and multiple posts on forums(and no reply) I managed to find out that by changing the g code flavor from reprap to reprap volumetric in repetier stops the pausing and it runs smoothly. It also does not pause when using ultibot gcode and makerbot. This was when retraction was turned off in my code, when I do activated retraction in my firmware(repetier firmware). When activating mach3 and bfb gcode flavor, it did not pause when retraction was turned on, but the extruder doesn't move! Help is more than appreciated
Re: G code flavors and delta pausing
March 21, 2017 01:08AM
Is their a g code clean up that anyone knows about that works with repetier? I saw one for kisslicer.
March 21, 2017 04:02AM
What are your retraction settings now? If you retract to much, to slow you will see blobs.

There is a firmware setting in Marlin: " segments per second = 200 ( default )" Many users had smooth moves by reducing that to 100.
Another reason with 8bit CPUs is the LCD taking to long to refresh. Especially graphic LCDs and Delta printer is a bad combination.
March 21, 2017 10:15AM
o_lampe
I do not even have my retraction settings turned on in the firmware because otherwise it will not work. But I will try the segments. Will that interfere with accuracy.
March 21, 2017 12:45PM

Will that interfere with accuracy.

Of course: You have zero accuracy now and it can only improve from there winking smiley
March 21, 2017 08:19PM
The segmentation also did not work, i also tried cura and slicer, both with no results. Do you think a broken ramps board would exibit this behavior, i already replaced arduino and that is not the problem. G code clean up software?
March 22, 2017 01:39PM
8-bit or 32-bit processor? My printer use to pause like that when I was trying to run a GLCD with an 8-bit processor. Just wasn't strong enough.

Are you printing from an SD card or your computer? Sometimes the USB interface can cause pauses in prints.
March 23, 2017 03:08AM

G code clean up software?

It would be better to make a redesign of the part with less fine details. Especially curves don't need 1000 faces.
Or use 32bit controller .
Duet boards are best for Deltas IMHO, they are the only ones with "segmentation free" firmware!
March 23, 2017 10:25AM
o_lampe
What do u think about the arduino due running a ramps 1.4?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login