Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Platform not moving parallel to bed

Posted by tomasbond 
Platform not moving parallel to bed
January 13, 2017 11:09AM
Good morning. I have been building a delta printer:

I just noticed (after changing the carriages in the towers) that the platform does not follow the verticality of the bed. When the platform is at the center of the printing bed, the verticality is respected:

But when it moves to the sides this parallel position with respect to the bed is lost, as it is seen in the following images, the hotend should follow the verticality of the green line but it does not:

All the rods have the same length of 265mm measured when they were ensambled:

What I have noticed is that in the upper part (the part connected to the carriage have a smaller separation than in the part of the platform:

Could it be that this difference in distances is what is causing the problem? The strange thing is that I used a simulator where I can change the separation of the columns of the tower andt the movement of the delta is respected. The simulator is the following:: [www.thinkyhead.com] (if we press G and H we can change the space between the columns.) What may be causing the problem? Any help? Thanks!!

EDIT: Im using a smoothieboard as controller.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2017 11:10AM by tomasbond.
Re: Platform not moving parallel to bed
January 13, 2017 12:53PM
It is definitely that that is causing your issue they need to be the same at both ends of the rods

The simulator is drawing it incorrectly it should adjust the spacing at both ends but it doesn't

Doug
January 13, 2017 01:46PM
Thanks a lot! Ill already asked someone to print me a new platform!
January 14, 2017 11:28PM
This is known as "Effector tilt", and you have a very severe case of it!

The distance between the balls, measured top and bottom of a pair, need to be as close to each other as possible. I try to get mine within 0.03mm. It can be difficult to measure. Printed platforms are also difficult to use, because you need a perfectly set up printer to be able to get a good effector.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login