Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Opinions about the H3D K200 Delta?

Posted by Jhyrachy 
Opinions about the H3D K200 Delta?
January 11, 2017 08:24AM
Hi!
Recently, while checking 3d printers on aliexpress, I found this one for about 239$

It looks really really interesting because for that price you receive the printer, that should have an aluminium frame + plastic injected junctions, a borosilicate bed and a full metal hot end plus some goodies (various size of nozzles, tools for nounting, some pla, etc)

There is anyone with this printer that can offers some first hand opinions?
Is a good choice or I should dodge it?

Thanks!
Re: Opinions about the H3D K200 Delta?
March 08, 2017 09:58PM
Buy Any chance have you bought this Printer ? How was your experience. I am also planning to buy 1 for myself ASAP.

I have seen same model on another website HERE.
at cheaper price for just $199. They're also giving Free autoleveling now.

This printer height is more compelling 300mm to me , as I'll be making models of height approx.280mm in PLA.

i think they've dropped their price Or probably manufacturer is selling here directly, dont Know much.
March 09, 2017 05:23AM
Do not assume that 300mm will be possible on the whole printbed! - only just in the middle spot!

The more outside you get, the lower the Maximum height will be - else carriages would be crashing into endstops!
SWB
March 22, 2017 01:43PM
I’m not sure this will answer your question, but here is my experience with the HE3D K200 printer so far.

I ordered the K200 DIY kit from www.3dprintersonlinestore.com for US $348 with $40 coupon. That included the dual extruder and heated bed options. I ordered it because it looked like it had the best quality parts of the cheap DIY kits I looked at. It took about two weeks to arrive.

I've been interested in 3D printing for a while, but this is my first time building or using a printer. I'm glad I bought the kit as it forced me to learn a lot about the printer and how it works.

I've got the K200 printing relatively quickly, but with one major bug. I'm getting a large shift problem (picture) that I just haven't been able to figure out even after many hours of troubleshooting. I’ve mostly been testing with lower quality .4mm layers so far, but I really like the quality of the prints I’m getting until it does its shift thing. I can go into details later or in another thread.

I think I’m going to be really happy with this printer whenever I get the shifting problem figured out.

Basic FYI Notes
There is one thing you should be aware of about the auto bed leveling feature. There is no permanent proximity sensor mounted to the effector. There is a small cheap sensor that is placed temporarily over the print nozzle in order to do the calibration routine and figure out the offsets. You then remove the sensor to do the actual printing. This is not designed to level the bed for every print. Only to be used when you think the bed needs leveling.

This printer comes with a BT700 v1.8.26 Ramps Plus2 board. I have not been able to find any information at all about this board. I don't even know if it's 16 or 32 bit. It's not listed among the Marlin firmware boards.

My laptop was able to partially connect to the K200 through a USB cable after I installed the "Chinese" CH341 drivers. But although Repetier said I was connected, I couldn't read temperatures or move the nozzle. I had to change the baud rate to 115200 on the COM port in Windows Manager, the K200, and in the Repetier software before I was completely connected.

Since I have the heated print bed and it is raised up on some springs, my printable height is only 266.8mm. I could probably tighten down the bolts on the springs to get another 5 or 10mm.

Parts Notes
There were no missing parts. There were even a few extra screws and nuts. They also sent an extra end stop. There were a few broken parts though.

Unfortunately, two of the thermistors were broken. One on an extruder and one on the heating bed. I broke the thermistor on the second extruder while trying to get the first one working. These things are very delicate. I bought a 5 pack for about $9 from Amazon Prime and received them next day shipping. (I was impatient)

The auto bed leveling calibration sensor broke after 4 or 5 touch downs. I messed with it tring to get it to work again, but no luck. Every time I remove the heated bed to troubleshoot I have to re-level the bed manually. I've been adjusting the spring screws on the heated bed to level the bed. A pain, but it works. It sure would have been nice to have the sensor working. I ordered and have received an Inductive Proximity Sensor Switch NPN DC6-36V from RepRap Champion but haven't tried it out yet. I'm worried about permanently adding that much weight to the effector.

The 2GB Kingston SD card provided with the kit simply wouldn’t work with the printer. It appeared to it work fine in my laptop. I tried formatting in FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, and using full formatting rather than the quick format. I also tried 8.3 naming just in case. I purchased an 8GB SanDisk card that does work with the printer.

Construction Notes
There are no printed instructions. Instead you are pointed to some Youtube videos. These instructional videos are not very good. I had to rebuild several parts because I couldn't identify which screws the guy was grabbing. The instructional videos sometimes cut out in an important place so that you have to figure out the rest of that step yourself.

The wheel carriages were the worst because the instructions are just wrong. I found another video (Link) that had a really great assembly animation that was too brief, but did show how the carriages were supposed to go together, but even that animation is wrong. The lock washers all should go between the wheel and the spacers. Not between the spacers and the acrylic.

There was another Youtube video (Link) that really helped with the wiring although for some reason the guy was whispering and hard to hear.

The total time I spent building it was about 12 hours spread out over several days. Much of that time was spent figuring out things that were unclear or wrong in the instructional videos. I rebuilt the wheel carriages several times. Once was after the rest of the printer was completely assembled. Big time waster. I also went very slow and tried my best to make everything as perfect as I could.

Knowing what I know now, I could build one in less than half the time. An electric screw driver with the right bits and some long shank hex wrenches and nut drivers could really speed things up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2017 01:47PM by SWB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login