Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cool smiley Construction of super slim Delta "Wall-Printer" (61mm)

Posted by Pflunz 
cool smiley Construction of super slim Delta "Wall-Printer" (61mm)
January 09, 2017 10:48AM
Hi,

I just wanted to share my latest thoughts on my new printer.
Basicaly it is a delta style printer but due to the new arrangement of the vertical axis if you look from top it looks more like a greek iota than a delta.

I am planning to print bigger parts with it, since I am very satisfied with my small Kossel with metall corners.
The print area is 30x30cm², has a squared shape and will be foldable to the wall. It should be possible to print higher than 50cm. After the print job the effector can be folded back under the bottom plate (after disconnecting the two rods in the middle).

Since my girlfriend said "we have no more space for an additional printer" I wanted one which does not need a lot of space. So I came up with this idea. The frame itself has the size of: 400x61x1200mm³ (L x W x H) consists of 30x60mm aluminum profiles and is designed to be screwed on the wall.
On the images there is no top or bottom plate (because I am still changing small things and I always have to adapt to it) but they will consist of 10mm aluminum.

As Material I will use 3mm V2A since a friend of mine can laser it pretty easily and I will weld it. To be rigid enough I always constructed some perpendicular sheets which can be connected via tongues and grooves (and then be welded).

I will use an IGUS high helix spindle (D10x25mm) with their anti backlash nut and also their carriages with adjustable clearance. The joints will be magnetic joints (on the big effector ball there will be 8mm magnets, not just 10mm rods as in the images). As controller I will use MKS Sbase with 3.2"TFT, wifi and smoothieware. Motors are NEMA23 (2A, 200steps) with hollow shaft.
Filament holder, controller and so on can allso just be screwed to the wall.

Please feel free to contribute your ideas to this printer (or why you think it is a bad idea grinning smiley )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 04:38PM by Pflunz.
VDX
Re: cool smiley Construction of super slim Delta "Wall-Printer" (61mm)
January 09, 2017 02:28PM
... look at the linked images in this old post - maybe some aditional ideas: [forums.reprap.org]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 09, 2017 04:01PM
I'd mount it on a backplate, just in case you have to move it. Also a wall is never flat.
Your GF can tell visitors it is modern art winking smiley
January 09, 2017 05:04PM
Hi,

the printer will be mounted on 3 screws on the wall. One on top and two on the bottom. "A three legged table doesn't wobble"
January 09, 2017 08:29PM
You're going to have a lot of fun calibrating that puppy! eye popping smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login