Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yet another delta calibration tool

Posted by nzinov 
Yet another delta calibration tool
December 24, 2016 04:12PM
Hey, community!

I've started to work on my own tool to calibrate delta: [github.com]. My goal was to make a tool that is easily extendable and explicit. I used python (version 2 because of Printrun package). Kinematics is defined via equations that are solved symbolically with sympy and then a least-square fit is done with scipy. The tool is yet in a very beta state and I've only tested it on Linux but I would appreciate if someone would test it! Detailed instruction are in the README file. Any feedback would be very delightful for me.
Re: Yet another delta calibration tool
December 25, 2016 05:57AM
Who is running Linux on his controller? confused smiley
December 25, 2016 08:15AM
o_lampe
Who is running Linux on his controller? confused smiley

Anyone running Octoprint... This runs on a separate computer, not on the controller.

Sadly it only supports Marlin though. It would be nice to see something that supports stock Repetier. This one comes close, but again requires custom firmware:
[forum.seemecnc.com]
December 25, 2016 10:48AM
Yes, my program is meant to be run on separate computer (no OctoPrint required though) connected to the board. I use my laptop connected by USB. Nebbian, does Repetier have a command for probing bed at a single point? If so, the tool can be easily extended to work with Reperier.
December 26, 2016 05:38AM
I'm using Octoprint with RepRapFirmware too. But my RasPi doesn't control the printer directly. It's only for WiFi controlled data storage and webcam/timelaps pics.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login