Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel Mini Delta Bowden - Extruder - slipping or skipping

Posted by troy8hohulin 
Kossel Mini Delta Bowden - Extruder - slipping or skipping
November 23, 2016 11:31PM
So I have had problems with my Printer for a while, I lately I my printer has had problems with slipping or skipping I'm not entirely sure. I posted a youtube video of the problem and if anyone gets the time to look at that would be great.
I would like to know what the best solutions to the slipping or skipping problem are. I also posted a picture of my kossel mini delta 3d printer with Bowden extruder. I just bought some new parts for it the other day too. If I am not providing enough information just let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Kossel Mini Delta Bowden - Extruder - slipping or skipping
November 24, 2016 04:21AM
If is it is slipping or grinding: Check that your nozzle is clean (a common problem is that the bowden quick coupling breaks and small piece of metal is pulled into the nozzle. It obstructs plastic flow there. The most easy way to check this is to remove the bowden and let printer heat up the nozzle. Then try to push the filament into the nozzle by hand. It must go really easily. (The plastics must flow quickly with a small force of your hand.) If it does not go easily then you need to clean up the nozzle.

Now you need to find out whether it is slipping or skipping. Stop the print when the slip/skip happens and retract it. If the filament is ground then it is slipping.

If it is slipping: Increase the force pressing the filament against pulley. If it does not help or if it squashes filament a lot then you need to replace pulley for something better. Too squashed filament will increase friction in the bowden and the result is .... slipping or skipping.

If it is skipping: Increase the current on the stepper driver for the extruder motor to the maximum the driver/motor can handle. If it does not help then get a geared extruder (best gear ratio is in the rage of 1:2 - 1:3).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login