Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Manual Delta calibration using marlin rcbugfix

Posted by DjDemonD 
Manual Delta calibration using marlin rcbugfix
November 23, 2016 08:05AM
I'm designing/testing a micro delta (details soon when its working). Running it off ramps due to severe space constraints for the electronics (I know there are much better boards for deltas - I also have a Kossel xl/duetwifi).

I've got it roughly calibrated using the Escher3D least squares method. But I have a tower leaning out about 1 degree. Mechanically fixing it is possible but difficult as the design uses one piece printed top and bottom horizontal sections, so it's not adjustable, the idea is to design a ludicrously simple delta to build, the frame only has 5 component parts, so a little frame imperfection is going to have to be accepted, which for its very small print area 100mm diameter should be doable.

Can Marlin rcbugfix accept a tower lean correction? I presume not as I can't find it documented anywhere. Any other firmwares that I can run on arduino/ramps that can? Is there another strategy that might work to compensate for this?

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Re: Manual Delta calibration using marlin rcbugfix
November 23, 2016 08:46AM
You need either to pre-process gcode or modify firmware to support leaning towers.
As far as I know, no firmware supports leaning towers yet. But it is not hard to do. It's just no firmware developer needed it yet.
Re: Manual Delta calibration using marlin rcbugfix
November 23, 2016 02:13PM
Thanks. To be honest, although I am waiting on a mini hot end for this mini printer I haven't printed anything yet, I've attached a pen and it seems to be fairly well calibrated despite this issue. Have to wait until I actually get printing to see how much of a problem it really is. I was just hoping their might be a simple software solution. Luckily I can always go back and redesign the top frame section, maybe include a way of adjusting the tower angle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2016 02:32PM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login