Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to setup print height limit in Marlin for Delta?

Posted by scarecrow2k6 
How to setup print height limit in Marlin for Delta?
November 14, 2016 12:45AM
Hello everyone. I am quite new to Delta printers and Marlin in general, I have been using Repetier fw for sometime because it came with the printer (Micromake D1). I thought of giving Marlin a shot and now I am having a weird issue, in contrast to Repetier fw, Marlin does not have "Z_MAX_LENGTH" or even X or Y MAX_LENGHT. So there is no way I can set a limit to how far the nozzle should go and just touch the bed instead of breaking it. I am sure I am missing something but just don't know what it is.

After I manually bring the nozzle all the way down and touch the bed, instead of showing 0 in Z Axis, there is still 75 mm distance left. As you can guess this is a problem because the nozzle tries to go further even after touching the bed. I have attached my config.h, I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what to change for me to get rid of that issue and other tips on how to improve my current setting.

Note:
  • Printer Micromake D1 delta printer. It has a bed diameter of 200 x 200 mm (180 mm printable diameter).
  • Height is roughly 300 mm
  • It has a Bed leveling feature, the hotend works as the Z probe.

EDIT: I am using the latest Marlin 1.1.0-RC7.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2016 09:06AM by scarecrow2k6.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (56.5 KB)
LVD
Re: How to setup print height limit in Marlin for Delta?
November 14, 2016 04:48AM
It's called Z_MAX_POS; set if with MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2016 04:52AM by LVD.
November 14, 2016 09:53AM
I played with the Z_MAX_POS and it you look at my config.h, it is set to MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS which after reading your post I set to 350 mm. The thing is, that only places the nozzle to a position after the homing is done. It does not affect the printable height limit though.
LVD
November 14, 2016 10:50AM
If with the original 275mm there is 75mm 'left' you should set it to 200 instead of 350 (but are you sure it's 75mm and not 7.5mm)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login