Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New angled joints from openbuilds

Posted by Origamib 
New angled joints from openbuilds
November 03, 2016 02:28PM
So openbuilds have announced new angled tee nuts to allow for weird angles out of extrusion such as 60, 120 135 degrees. And to top it all off, it only costs £8 for a pack of 10. What do people think of them? Will they be the new joint of choice for Deltas?

I can only see they may be a bit weak, and no means to attach 2040 v slot to the middle section. Also, I'm not sure I'd like the idea of supporting the towers from a thin strip of metal, but perhaps when paired up with supporting plastic brackets it will give an affordable means to make super rigid deltas.

[openbuildspartstore.com]
Re: New angled joints from openbuilds
November 04, 2016 05:03AM
How would you connect the vertical towers to a delta-triangle?
The hinges seem to have only 1 DOF. The robotdigg extruded alu-corners are much better for that purpose ( and cheap ). And they come with Nema17 brackets too.
Re: New angled joints from openbuilds
November 04, 2016 06:08AM
o_lampe
How would you connect the vertical towers to a delta-triangle?
The hinges seem to have only 1 DOF. The robotdigg extruded alu-corners are much better for that purpose ( and cheap ). And they come with Nema17 brackets too.

They have build examples of delta structures, the tower would attach to the central point of the bracket. I would agree that robotdigg corners are better for the job, but they cost about £70 with the cheapest delivery option. These cost a mere £8 for 10. 2 packets of these would be more than enough to build a delta, and then brackets would have to be printed. A lot of people are still printing corners for delta, this may help to make those builds stronger.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login