Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta Homing Out of the Norm!!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by Tramont 
Delta Homing Out of the Norm!!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 26, 2016 10:00PM
When I home my printer the z home that appears on the LCD is multiplied by 3. For example my z home in my config file is 269 but when I home my printer using pronterface the Z on the smart-controller shows 808 (Which is 269*3) causing my homing sequence to fail because the end-stop stop registering allowing the steppers to keep smashing into them. What could be multiplying my home value?
Re: Delta Homing Out of the Norm!!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 26, 2016 10:24PM
The 3x delta height value is normal.
It is deliberately done in firmware to ignore any incorrectly stored delta height value.

In your case, do check for homing switch functionality (with M119 gcode command)
It could be loose connections and/or inverted (high/low) setting in firmware.

Tramont
When I home my printer the z home that appears on the LCD is multiplied by 3. For example my z home in my config file is 269 but when I home my printer using pronterface the Z on the smart-controller shows 808 (Which is 269*3) causing my homing sequence to fail because the end-stop stop registering allowing the steppers to keep smashing into them. What could be multiplying my home value?
October 27, 2016 12:19AM
Hey my friend!! smiling smiley the endstop are registiring just fine when one of the axis hits home it hammers the axis then moves another axis up and repeats. But the odd thing is that one of the axis never make it home. When it comes time for homing, 2 of the axis will hit their endstops but one axis will fall short of the endstop (which means it never registers when homing is enabled). Now that I now the 3x is normal I guess my next question is. "Why do my endstops readout fine through command M119 but when it comes to homing they do not stop the stepper motor (which causes the effector to "jackhammer" the endstop)? Tried checking the wires, inverting helped home in proper direction?smileys with beer
October 27, 2016 01:23AM
If the endstops registered fine with M119, my guess is that the firmware is expecting the opposite signal from the endstop (high/low, true/false thingy).

If you're compiling your own firmware, try inverting this line in configuration.h
const bool Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.

If you're not recompiling, just rewire the 'not-homed' endstop switch from NO to NC or vice-versa.

Regards,
October 28, 2016 11:31AM
didn't work my friend now only one axis goes up now causing it to crash into the belt
October 31, 2016 12:31AM
Still not solved?
Maybe a video can better show the problem.
It's hard to visualize from words.
If the problem axis stops just before the switch, it could be a mechanical problem rather than software.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login