Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Having some delta issues over here...

Posted by Printston 
Having some delta issues over here...
October 12, 2016 04:05AM
Hi, people! I'm building a delta printer, and I'm suffering the consequences... I have this weird issue, and I posted it over printing issues:

[forums.reprap.org]

The problem though, as someone suggested, is something about the delta calibration, so I thought I could forward it to this part of the forum... I'm sorry if I'm bypassing any rule by reposting the same issue, but I'm kinda desperate at this point D:

Extra information is already in the last thread, but feel free to ask me for more details I might have missed!
Re: Having some delta issues over here...
October 12, 2016 09:47AM
Don't do grid calibration before each print, you don't need it on a small delta printer. What you need to do is to calibrate your printer properly.

Quite a lot of people find my delta calibration calculator at [www.escher3d.com] helpful. Make sure you enter the height errors with the correct sign. If the firmware on your printer is Repetier, you need to add the tower angle corrections to the standard tower angles (210,330, 90) in the Repetier firmware configuration tool

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Having some delta issues over here...
October 12, 2016 10:50AM
It's definitely something to do with calibration / commissioning.

I wouldn't start with the DC42 calculator, I'd start with this commissioning guide:

[docs.google.com]

This goes through all the steps you need to get it printing reasonably well. You can find the link to that page here, under "Release 2 documentation".
[www.think3dprint3d.com]

Once you've had some successful prints, then I'd try to improve them by trying out the calculator.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2016 10:52AM by nebbian.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login