Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

He3D Delta DLT 180: Filament Constantly Jamming

Posted by carlol 
He3D Delta DLT 180: Filament Constantly Jamming
October 03, 2016 10:09PM
Printer: He3D Delta DLT 180 Printer with autoleveling and heat bed

The filament is constantly getting jammed in the heat sync. It bunches up into knots in various parts of the heat sync, (1) inside the screw from the extruder, (2) inside the heat sync above the extruder screw, (3) on top of the heat sync where the brass screw screws into the heat sync / where the bowden tube feeds the heat sync/extruder.

Extrusion Multiplier
I have tried to reduce extruder multiplier, all the way down from 1.1 to 0.65. But it is still jamming. I guess I can try even lower, or extreme low (say 0.4) and work upwards from there.

But I need to take a break, after unclogging the heat sync like 20x!

Nozzle Diameter
One possibility could the the nozzle diameter is smaller than in the configs. The config files that came with the printer are based on a 0.3mm or 0.4mm nozzle diameter. The nozzle looks a lot smaller than my i3 Prusa nozzle (0.4mm). This may be a problem, I can try 0.2mm nozzle diameter.
The little documentation that came with the printer did now specify this. (I have emailed the vendor to ask).

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Re: He3D Delta DLT 180: Filament Constantly Jamming
October 13, 2016 06:30PM
Even if your nozzle size is wrong you shouldn't get jams, you might get bad prints.

Get a set of micro twist drills use them to size the nozzle with the help of calipers. Or extrude in free air and measure the extruded filament, die swell increases the diameter by around 20%.

A bit more info might be useful:
What filament size and material are you using.
What hot end?
Does it have an always on fan pushing lots of air through?
What extruder? Bowden or some other configuration?

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
October 13, 2016 07:51PM
Make sure the heatsink fan is operating correctly, permanently powered on...
I had similar issue on Micromake D1, only to realise the fan was dead...
October 14, 2016 10:56AM
Thanks for your help. Problem resolved, extruder heat was too high (215 deg C); I've since set it down to 190-193 and now it's printing!
However, as it goes, when one problem is solved, another one surfaces. The heat bed has stopped working. Now to write a note post...
October 14, 2016 11:03AM
Yeah heat creep is an issue with pla. Abs and petg don't stick to the heatbreak so easily so you can go to higher temps without worrying too much about it. Some people are using water cooled heatbreaks...

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login