Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need endstop help

Posted by jmalinski 
Need endstop help
September 16, 2016 04:43AM
I'm building a Delta Metal Max with a mega 2560 and a Ramp's 1.4 board. On the Ramps board I have my endstops plugged into the Xmin.,Ymin., and Zmin. The switches are connected to the NO and Gnd terminals. When I give the M-119 command I see all three endstops, they all have open signs and when I close the switches they all say triggered, so I know they work. My problem is the motors don't stop when they trigger the switch. I'll attach a copy of my Configuration.h file. I tried to upgrade to the newest Marlin but I can't even get that one to compile. Any help would sure be appreciated.

Configuration.h
Re: Need endstop help
September 16, 2016 05:30AM
IIRC, the endstops should be connected to Xmax, Ymax, Zmax. (They are at the top of your towers and not bottom.)
September 16, 2016 10:04AM
Will the endstops stop the motors then, and do I need to comment out the min. endstops?
Atl
September 16, 2016 11:14AM
You shouldn't need to comment then out.
September 17, 2016 02:32PM
My endstops don't stop the motors. What could be causing that? The firmware is set up for a Delta machine. Home is set for Max. The endstops are plugged into the Ramps board in the Max positions, a M119 shows a L until depressed than it shows Triggered. But they do not stop the motors. What could be wrong? Here is an attachment of my firmware,

Configuration.h

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2016 02:36PM by jmalinski.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login