Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PanelDue and Duet 0.6 Firmware Update and Screen Freeze

Posted by DRTak 
PanelDue and Duet 0.6 Firmware Update and Screen Freeze
September 10, 2016 04:47PM
Its been awhile since I used my Kossel with DC42 IR sensor, Duet 0.6, and PanelDue 4.3" touch screen. I ran into some trouble with it after doing a firmware update. This is my story to help others.

I updated my firmware to the Duet 0.6 successfully to 1.15c. But when I bootted the system up it would only say Starting up on the Paneldue firmware 1.14. I thought it was broken. Then I used the web interface to connect to the Kossel and it worked. I was surprised. Then I thought it had to be a bad firmware upgrade on the Duet. So I redid the firmware update. Same thing happened. Then I thought my /sys files were corrupt. So I reloaded the config.g files from my backup. That didnt help. I then decied it had to be the PanelDue firmware. The firmware I was using was 1.14. I thought I would take a risk updating to the beta. So I did. Upgraded to the Beta: Firmware1.15 beta3 PanelDue. Well guess what it fixed it. Somehow the Duet 0.6 will only communicate with the Paneldue if it is also firmware 1.15.

Well I cannot figure out all of the many issues with my heater fault tripping. So I have downgraded back down to Duet 0.6 Firmware 1.14. And I have to downgrade the web interface to 1.11 now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2016 08:09PM by DRTak.
Re: PanelDue and Duet 0.6 Firmware Update and Screen Freeze
September 13, 2016 05:28AM
There is a thread in the Duet forum about PanelDue freezing with RRF 1.15. Basically, the new RRF sometimes outputs very high temperature values during startup, which triggers a bug in the strtod function in the C library that the PanelDue firmware uses. I imp!emented fixes at both ends, in RRF 1.15c and in PanelDue 1.15beta.

The new PanelDue firmware is stable, the only reason it's still in beta is that the optional dark theme doesn't work well with the existing icons.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: PanelDue and Duet 0.6 Firmware Update and Screen Freeze
September 13, 2016 02:55PM
dc42
There is a thread in the Duet forum about PanelDue freezing with RRF 1.15. Basically, the new RRF sometimes outputs very high temperature values during startup, which triggers a bug in the strtod function in the C library that the PanelDue firmware uses. I imp!emented fixes at both ends, in RRF 1.15c and in PanelDue 1.15beta.

The new PanelDue firmware is stable, the only reason it's still in beta is that the optional dark theme doesn't work well with the existing icons.

dc42 thanks for the response.

The system is fixed when I upgraded to Firmware 1.15c Duet 0.6 and Paneldue 1.15beta3. However, I had to downgrade everything back to the old firmware because I am not adept enough to figure out how to fix my heater faults. They are the hotend not heating fast enough fault and during the autotune the hotend temp not stable enough or something like that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login