Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto level doesn't seem to auto level

Posted by av8r1 
Auto level doesn't seem to auto level
September 06, 2016 04:53PM
So I've got my Delta (Folgertech Kossel) up and running, but the auto level feature doesn't seem to achieve much. It runs the probing sequence, but it doesn't seem to do anything with the information. The print starts and the bottom layer is off. One corner of the print is low, one is high, like the bed isn't level. Is there anything to do to the printer besides put the G29 command in the start G-code sequence?
Re: Auto level doesn't seem to auto level
September 06, 2016 09:31PM
Mine did exactly as yours. As per others here I took the probe off and did manual calibration (using the Escher calculator webpage). Worked far better for me.

Oh, I also went to Repetier firmware, so I could update the params in EEPROM rather than have to compile and load the whole firmware file every time - as with the stock Marlin firmware.
September 07, 2016 12:52AM
av8r1
So I've got my Delta (Folgertech Kossel) up and running, but the auto level feature doesn't seem to achieve much. It runs the probing sequence, but it doesn't seem to do anything with the information. The print starts and the bottom layer is off. One corner of the print is low, one is high, like the bed isn't level. Is there anything to do to the printer besides put the G29 command in the start G-code sequence?

I've got full setup instructions here:
[www.thingiverse.com]

(scroll down to "Marlin Firmware setup")

I hope this helps.
September 07, 2016 02:03AM
I'm afraid neither suggestions are ultimately helpful.

One thing I'm going to try is shimming the diag. rods. The rods are about 51.7mm apart outside to outside at the effector end, and 51.1mm apart at the carriage end. I'm placing an M3 washer under each carriage rod end to bring them into parallel. I've read somewhere that this will reduce effector tilt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login