Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Acetal Carriage Trucks

Posted by Pointy 
Acetal Carriage Trucks
August 10, 2016 04:02PM
Having decided to rebuild my delta, I wanted to remove as many printed structural parts as possible. I am going to be using the Robotdigg metal corners, carriages and effector. I decided to put my mini CNC to use and make some acetal carriage trucks, (I would like to have these in aluminium, but I only have a crappy 200W spindle and don't think it's up to the job)

I am really pleased with how they turned out The eccentric spacers were a nice snug fit and they run nicely on the V-Slot profile, with absolutely no play. I made the horizontal hole spacing 31.5mm (slightly less than the V-slot metal carriages, which are 31.9mm) The vertical hole spacing is 45mm, which I am hoping will give then good stability.

The 4 x M3 mounting holes I countersunk 2mm deep with a 6mm drill, and fitted M3 x 20mm countersunk screws and nyloc nuts to hold the 2 parts together.

I have attached the stl as they could also be printed.

Regards,

Les

Pointy's Things
Pointy's Blog
Attachments:
open | download - v-slot carriage truck.stl (389.9 KB)
Re: Acetal Carriage Trucks
August 10, 2016 05:51PM
Very nice! Any chance you could make them to order with a specified width for the wheel centres, for the benefit of those of us who don't have a CNC machine?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login