Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Enclosed delta Lily 'Big'

Posted by PRZ 
PRZ
Enclosed delta Lily 'Big'
August 08, 2016 05:09PM
Some time ago, I opened a thread about a boxed printer the 'D-Box' [forums.reprap.org]. I later designed and published [github.com] a smaller boxed printer, the Lily 'F' (formerly named HXM) [forums.reprap.org].

I decided that instead publishing the D-Box 'as is', it will be better to take the best of these two printers and I published on [github.com] the Lily 'Big' [rouzeau.net] which is the mechanics of the D-Box (slightly reinforced) taking advantages of a box shaped like the Lily.

Specifications are the same as the D-Box, with a printable diameter of 280mm, with a height at center of 440mm and 400mm at periphery.
It is using arms with balls in printed cups and wire tensioners. Carriage are equipped with ball bearings rolling on a cold-formed steel angle.

The effector is equipped with a kinematic positioning system also used as Z-probe, retained by magnets, which can be equipped with a Prometheus hot-end or an E3D-V6:

The air filtration recycling system area is doubled compared to the D-Box. (Photo: D-Box Filter)

In the documents published on GitHub, there is :
- The complete OpenScad simulation of the printer (parametric), with movement simulation (slow).
- All the STL files
- All the DXF files of the panels, with holes
- Batch files for Windows to rebuilt automatically STL and DXF with others dimensions if you want to modify
- An exhaustive BOM with prices (effectively paid)

Note that the ringing experienced on the first version of the D-Box (before geometry change) was solved on the equilateral version by increasing the tension of the wire, which created friction and dampening.

Detailed specification:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2016 06:06PM by PRZ.

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
- Embedded help system for Duet and RepRap Firmware [forums.reprap.org]
- Enclosed delta printers Lily [rouzeau.net] and Lily Big [rouzeau.net]
- OpenScad delta printer simulator [github.com]
- 3D printing on my site [www.rouzeau.net]

Re: Enclosed delta Lily 'Big'
August 10, 2016 10:05AM
Thank you for sharing! I am also going to look for the Google deltabot forum you mentioned!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login