Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about Auto/Manual bed leveling

Posted by scarecrow2k6 
Question about Auto/Manual bed leveling
July 06, 2016 10:16AM
Hello everyone, I recently bought a Micromake D1 printer. It is well built but the software support is not that great. The printer comes with auto bed leveling but I don't think it is working. I was wondering if there is a way I can manually work on the bed leveling. There are codes like G32 and M557 etc. I have no idea how to use them effectively. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me how I can put certain codes in my gcode for every print that will do the leveling for me. Thanks.
Re: Question about Auto/Manual bed leveling
July 08, 2016 11:03AM
Anyone?
July 08, 2016 11:16AM
Not familiar with the MicroMake, but on my Rostock the carriages have screws for triggering the endstops, so using Minow's delta calibration guide, I can manually adjust each screw to calibrate the bed.

Alternatively, Escher3D has a web-enabled wizard for manually calibrating your build surface with his least-squares (?) routine used in the RepRapFirmware. I believe it should have instructions for sending commands to your printer via gcode.
July 08, 2016 11:32AM
I do not know anything about MicroMake, but if you are desperate then read this:
[github.com]

Also search for DC42's posts. He implemented the idea in a Duet firmware and has some web page about calibration.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login