Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unsuccesful Calibration of XYZ

Posted by Tramont 
Unsuccesful Calibration of XYZ
June 28, 2016 06:29AM
While trying to do the homing test i kept running into the problem of the printer going out of its frame and also one stepper work st a time. This is my first printer and i could really use some help. Heres a video of what its doing [youtu.be]
Re: Unsuccesful Calibration of XYZ
June 28, 2016 09:43AM
If that's what happens when you try to home the printer, the problem is that your motors are moving down instead of up (delta printers home at the tops of the towers). Either with power off reverse the stepper motors connectors where they plug into the electronics, or reconfigure the firmware to run the motors in the opposite directions. How you do that depends on what firmware you are using.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 28, 2016 06:44PM
Okay so I switched the wires and saw better results smileys with beer. Now the problem is programming it to know where the print bed stops and how far the it should go on the xyz scale.
June 28, 2016 07:15PM
How you do that depends on what firmware you are running and whether your printer has a Z probe.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 28, 2016 09:58PM
I do have a probe and also im using pronterface
June 29, 2016 02:23AM
When you open the arduino code to push it to the arduino, do you notice anything like Marlin or udelta? If you have marlin, you open arduino, and you see a little down triangle in the top right. Click on it, and you will find marlin files.

where did you get the code for the arduino. Because it will determine how to set up the height.
June 29, 2016 06:28AM
I acutally got it sent to me in a email from the seller of my printer, heres a link to my printer if interested delta reprap
July 06, 2016 09:11PM
Please do something about the hotend cooling fan wire. It will get burned soon if it gets in the way of the hotend.
July 10, 2016 06:03PM
can anybody assist me in the height adjustment?
July 12, 2016 08:21AM
When you connect to the printer in Pronterface you will get console logs printed to the screen. There may be a lot so scroll back up to the top and note down the firmware and its version eg 'Marlin 1.1'. Once we know that then you can be directed on how to change the height.
July 14, 2016 03:49PM
July 16, 2016 03:18AM
i found out that my path that i use which is myconfig.h isnt inputting my updated variables into marlin. Why is the path to my file not updating in marlin?
July 18, 2016 12:17AM
Can anybody help?
July 20, 2016 03:53PM
Not sure what a myconfig.h file would be? Normally in Marlin you edit configuration.h on your PC, then use the Arduino IDE to recompile and re-upload the firmware to your board, like in this guide: [solidutopia.com]
July 22, 2016 10:52PM
So I figured the problem out the problem when i got to my Motion control on my lcd its shows a Vmax x,y,and z of 999. When i home my printer the Z Coordinate jumps from z894 to z283 (which is the number saved in my configuration file) So my question is how would i set the Vmax and what is it?
July 22, 2016 10:55PM
Also when i extrude it reverses so how would i invert that also im using marlin. 1.0.0
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login