Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HE3D DLT 180

Posted by hegel 
HE3D DLT 180
June 25, 2016 08:12PM
Hello all,

About a month ago I decided to try and dip my feet into the world of 3d printing (I have several automotive related things I wish to print) I got the printer assembled and have been trying to calibrate it for a while now. I've been following allong with a youtube series (builda3dprinter.eu part 18) and have been trying to use their firmware (since I don't speak chinese the HE3D firmware wasn't much help). anyways. first they had me adjust the z axis at the center... check. then the X axis. check. then Y and Z, check and check. then go back to the center and see if its still correct. well it wasn't after adjusting the endstops for x y and z the center point is about 3.3mm above the print surface when g1 z0 is input. I tried adjusting the smooth rod offset but that didn't seem to do anything. I am hoping someone on here can help me out.

thanks,
steve
Re: HE3D DLT 180
June 26, 2016 02:20AM
I built then stripped and rebuilt a HE3D-600, but the first thing I did was replace the RAMPS controller with Duet I never even bothered trying to get the RAMPS controller working, its still in its packaging, since then I've replaced just about everything else with exception to the heat bed, aluminium extrusion, and the heat bed is on its way to being replaced.

To resolve your problem you need to get help on the RAMPS controller, there may be some here with a RAMPS on a delta, failing this go to the RAMPS forum, but I'm fairly certain that the first thing you need to do is update the firmware.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2016 02:21AM by bgkdavis.

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
July 03, 2016 03:25AM
Hey.. I've got a he3d 180 that I've kinda managed to get working. Things got a lot better when I grabbed the latest marlin and configured it up from scratch.

[github.com] (1.1RC6 is what I'm using)

You can't just take my configuration.h though as I'm using a bltouch and I've replaced a heap of parts now so the dimensions are different (as are polarities depending on how you have plugged things in).
July 03, 2016 03:40AM
I guess some things I've had lots of pain with to maybe help you.

I ordered a roll of filament from them when I bought the kit. That roll of filament caused me no end of grief. While trying to get your printer to work make sure you're using some filament you know is user friendly.

Replace the extruder with a geared extruder like wades extruder or something. Once I did that things got a lot better quickly.
Use a multimeter and make sure your voltages on the stepper drivers are 'correct'.
Be careful when plugging in wires as it's really easy to destroy components on the ramps and arduino board (lucky they're cheap).
Be really careful not to overtighten screws into the plastic.

I'm still skipping steps here and there which is doing my head in a bit.

The reprap irc channel is an awesome source of help in real time. The people on there have been awesome and helped me so much. Without their help I would never have gotten anywhere.

Buy an e3d v6 and replace the nightmare hotend that comes with it. And/or buy a propane touch to burn out the jams (although this was mostly down to the junk filament that I bought with the kit)...

I've had lots of trouble getting my heated bed to work... it's a mystery to me. So I'm not using it until I've sorted the other issues. crawl -> walk -> run ...
There are some good youtube videos for thiskit that I freeze framed to see who they had wired things in, etc.
July 03, 2016 03:45AM
elvisior
I've had lots of trouble getting my heated bed to work... it's a mystery to me. So I'm not using it until I've sorted the other issues. crawl -> walk -> run ...
There are some good youtube videos for thiskit that I freeze framed to see who they had wired things in, etc.

The heatbed is one of the few things I am still using, but defiantely get a genuine E3d V6 and while about it get a E3D titan, all your hotend and extruder problems solved in one go

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login