Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel effector dips at a particular point...

Posted by Wiireless 
Kossel effector dips at a particular point...
June 16, 2016 03:32AM
Hi there, I recently managed to get my DIY kossel manually calibrated to print very flatly. Had a few decent prints. However some software bug caused my nozzle to crash straight into to corner of my bed, resulting in the need for recalibration. However i have been unable to get my printer back to its previous state any more. I am using the method of manual calibration of the 3 points in front of each tower and the center of the bed. However, i now find that the nozzle moves parallel to the bed in all directions except the positive y direction. Is this particular direction, the nozzle would move parallel for a certain distance and then suddenly dip by about 0.1mm before rising up again right in from of the z tower... i am certainly very confused by this. I checked the rods and rollers and found that thr parts were not damaged by the earlier mentioned crashed. Any tips on what else i am missing out? Thanks in advance for any help that i can get! Cheers

Update: I tried to calibrate using the point where the nozzle dips. I seem to be able to get certain prints out by calibrating this way but i can obviously see that the nozzle is not moving very parallel to the print bed (although the deviation is less than that of the dipping nozzle as mentioned above).

My printer is being powered by ramps 1.4 with the a later version of RCBugfix Marlin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2016 04:03AM by Wiireless.
Re: Kossel effector dips at a particular point...
June 18, 2016 12:19AM
Try switching to Repetier firmware
June 20, 2016 02:09AM
Repetier had been giving me some problems and that was why i swapped back to marlin.
May try again.
But if it worked once, it should probably not be a firmware issue. However i cant seem to pinpoint where the mechanical fault lies at..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2016 02:09AM by Wiireless.
July 01, 2016 07:47AM
Repetier's got a bed distortion correction for deltas. It may solve your issue.
July 01, 2016 10:21AM
If it's only the positive y-direction my best guess is the belt on the z-tower being damaged at one point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2016 10:22AM by o_lampe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login