Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder "skipping"

Posted by Petter87 
Extruder "skipping"
May 11, 2016 09:46AM
Hi guys! I'm new here and have been printing for about a mounth.. The printers i have used is the ulitmaker 2+ at my uni, and my own Flsun deltaprinter from Aliexpress..
I have got a question about my extruder, it seems to be skipping when the extrutionspeed increases. I do not slice with retraction.. Here is a video of what happens: [youtu.be]

The printer works great on low speeds, and i have tried to reduce the pressure on the fillament and this seems to minimize the "skipping" and still get a grip on the fillament. If i loosen the tensioner more it dosen't get enough grip to extrude.. Is the stepper defect?

Sorry for my bad english, im from Norway smiling smiley
Re: Extruder "skipping"
May 11, 2016 10:44AM
The stepper is probably OK. It is common that bowden extruder needs about 2:1 gear-down to be strong enough. E.g. my delta printer needs 2:1 gear-down for printing with speeds above 6 cm/s (with 0.2 mm layer height, 0.5 mm nozzle).
You can try to increase extruder stepper current as much as possible. If it is not enough then you need a gearing or a different stepper. Filament pulley with a smaller diameter may help too.
May 11, 2016 05:13PM
Thanks, i will try this as soon as possible smiling smiley
May 14, 2016 10:28AM
Thanks, it did the trick! Workes like a charm now smiling smiley
May 14, 2016 08:50PM
Good, enjoy printing smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login